T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
In a nut shell, the customer (in this case a kid) is basically paying for the brand, name or message on the shirt and are conditioned to only accept the "authentic" product. The consumer can care less about the blank or the cost, as long as it's the "authentic" piece they can sport they'll save up their money, if they have to, to get it.

BTW, my guess is that it is a Gildan blank

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everybody. My son got this shirt and it cost $75 retail. It is a normal shirt. I wanna know on what blanks they are printing on if it cost 75 bucks.

Here is what i identified
Weight: apx. 6oz (200gsm)
Fabric 100 cot (ringspun)
Tubular cut
Big crew neck
Stable tape on the neck and shoulders
Black neck label (not tear away)
Boxy fit.

If any of you printed on these or know the company lmk please.

Here are some pics
View attachment 272749
View attachment 272750
View attachment 272751
Get a clear idea of cost look up Gildan cotton shirts and well heat-press a logo or image... and boom...

Might cost 15 e 30 if you don't buy bulk shirts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
IDK, but I don't think you'll find justification for the $75 paid in the cost of the blank.
Looks like a gildan to me but people can charge whatever they want for a tee if someone is willing to pay for it.
Did your son print the tee or was it already printed. Maybe it is the branding he is paying for and not the actual garment.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey everybody. My son got this shirt and it cost $75 retail. It is a normal shirt. I wanna know on what blanks they are printing on if it cost 75 bucks.

Here is what i identified
Weight: apx. 6oz (200gsm)
Fabric 100 cot (ringspun)
Tubular cut
Big crew neck
Stable tape on the neck and shoulders
Black neck label (not tear away)
Boxy fit.

If any of you printed on these or know the company lmk please.

Here are some pics
View attachment 272749
View attachment 272750
View attachment 272751
The screenprint is two color front left chest and one color inside back neck.
two screens with camera work will be $40
setup and print would be minimum of $25
cost of one Gildan or Hanes Beefy $6
taxes on finished garment $7
Thats what ONE two color front, one color neck dark tee would cost
additional shirts would be less screen charge and depends on quantity. Set up charge will apply.
Your son got a square deal for that design screen printed

·
Registered
32 Posts
Get real. Your numbers are blatantly misleading. Thousands of these shirts were printed. Not one.
yea I see those shirts more than Hard Rock Cafe
you would custom screen print that design for one person for $10.99 I suppose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Let’s be frank here — a Rolling Stones concert tee bought at the arena is $40-$60. The program alone is $20. So no need to scoff at the cost of music merch. This is a small run shirt that is out of print. It’s a collectible. Same shirt on eBay right now is $115. If you think you can design and market a shirt that’s as desirable as this, go for it! The market’s wide open.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Let’s be frank here — a Rolling Stones concert tee bought at the arena is $40-$60. The program alone is $20. So no need to scoff at the cost of music merch. This is a small run shirt that is out of print. It’s a collectible. Same shirt on eBay right now is $115. If you think you can design and market a shirt that’s as desirable as this, go for it! The market’s wide open.
Posing and pretence to the point that it becomes blindingly obvious.
Most of those eBay sales are prearranged by new sellers with just few private sold items. Private listings of course so we cannot see that the buyers are the same.
The rest are probably a Multi-level marketing thing, buying from eachother etc.
Is this brand available on any brick and mortar shops?
That's my impression anyway... but I could be wrong.
These methods do obviously work as some people have more money than brains, especially if it is dad's money, but the average consumer will not be interested on these.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a brand that debuts its collection (for real) at Paris Fashion Week. As far as I know, the only place to buy Vlone officially is through the designer studio itself, either online or at pop-up stores that are only open a couple hours. Everything else is aftermarket speculation. The scarcity drives up the price on shirts like the 999. They are also heavily counterfeited. Supreme is another brand with t-shirts in the 3 or 4 figures — here’s a kid selling his Supreme T-Shirt collection for $2 Million: A 21-Year-Old's Collection of Supreme T-Shirts Expected to Sell for $2 Million With Christie's | Fashionista

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
This is a brand that debuts its collection (for real) at Paris Fashion Week.
Anyone can be on the Paris Fashion Week. You can rent a venue and invite whoever you want.
Not cheap of course...

As far as I know, the only place to buy Vlone officially is through the designer studio itself, either online or at pop-up stores that are only open a couple hours.
Never heard of them until now to be honest.
A quick googling and A$AP Mob came up... Now I know what it is.
Of course the sexual assault story and the subsequent Nike deal termination also came up.
This brand is doomed in my opinion...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow! Where are these customers when I need them. Everybody around here still wants to buy a $5 t-shirt. That being said, no t-shirt is worth $75. Two words: RIP OFF
It’s the brand meaning / hype that’s curated with the brand & v lone is a well known brand for the youth culture

·
Registered
15 Posts
And before Vlone or anyone says anything, if you haven't checked out their instagram and the comments do that first. It's a common agreement, not just an opinion of one person.

It's difficult to see others do this type of stuff but it's likely owned by people who don't need the money to pay bills. That brand is probably additional income. If you see rappers and others wearing it they probably got it for free to "rep the brand" for others to buy because they have to have the latest trend.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts