T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. My son got this shirt and it cost $75 retail. It is a normal shirt. I wanna know on what blanks they are printing on if it cost 75 bucks.

Here is what i identified
Weight: apx. 6oz (200gsm)
Fabric 100 cot (ringspun)
Tubular cut
Big crew neck
Stable tape on the neck and shoulders
Black neck label (not tear away)
Boxy fit.

If any of you printed on these or know the company lmk please.

Here are some pics

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everybody. My son got this shirt and it cost $75 retail. It is a normal shirt. I wanna know on what blanks they are printing on if it cost 75 bucks.

Tubular cut
Big crew neck
Boxy fit.

It’s V-Lone
Here are some pics
View attachment 272749
View attachment 272750
View attachment 272751

·
Administrator
14,543 Posts
Your description narrows down the possible choices to about 200 suppliers or so. But I would start with a Hanes Beefy-T as a possibility.

Good news: If your son loves the way it fit, then I guess $75 was worth it.

Bad news: he just spend $75 for a $5 shirt and 25 cents worth of ink. What is it they say about a type of person born every minute? :)

All I know is if I was screwing customers with a $75 shirt I would at least take the extra 10 seconds it takes to remove all remnants of the original tag. It's one thing getting screwed, it's worse when you know you've gotten screwed.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well, I guess he got a great deal. I see it on VLone's website on sale from $165 down to only $109. Website doesn't even change the shirt color display when you change selection. VLONE x Juice Wrld Butterfly T-Shirt - Vlone Official Shop

I can't say if it's Gildan, but their size chart under "description", down to the spacing and font, looks like one I use from Gildan. Also says 80/20, lightweight. not sure off top of my head which that would be. (Aren't Gildan 80/20 usually sweatshirts, do they even have it accurate?

EDIT: I would think if you got your "100 cot" off a tag it's probably accurate

Yes, I do have other things to do, procrastinating.

EDIT: Juice Wrld is the rapper brand attracting the $$$

·
Registered
33 Posts
You paid for a brand, not the t-shirt. My son did the same thing to me with a Full Send hoodie. I almost fell over when he told me the cost of it!! I'm a printer for pete's sake and I told him he got ripped off by a zillion percent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Like stated before "has nothing to do with the blank".
Has everything to do with who is willing to pay that much for a t-shirt and a bit of ink.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Tubular cut
Big crew neck
Boxy fit.

Here are some pics
View attachment 272749
View attachment 272750
View attachment 272751
It’s a designer tee. VLone

·
Registered
3 Posts

Tubular cut
Big crew neck
Boxy fit.

Here are some pics
View attachment 272749
View attachment 272750
View attachment 272751

I'm pretty sure its the Anvil 980 Neon Blue. it matches all the criteria you posted plus they have a black woven tag.
The most expensive this shirt has ever been through the distributor is $2.75
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Tubular cut
Big crew neck
Boxy fit.

Here are some pics
View attachment 272749
View attachment 272750
View attachment 272751

·
Registered
2 Posts
You’re son paid for a brand not a shirt! It’s almost impossible to locate what kind of t shirt it is! If he’s happy with his new shirt who cares! Sometimes we over pay for things we want!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I guess he got a great deal. I see it on VLone's website on sale from $165 down to only $109. Website doesn't even change the shirt color display when you change selection. VLONE x Juice Wrld Butterfly T-Shirt - Vlone Official Shop

I can't say if it's Gildan, but their size chart under "description", down to the spacing and font, looks like one I use from Gildan. Also says 80/20, lightweight. not sure off top of my head which that would be. (Aren't Gildan 80/20 usually sweatshirts, do they even have it accurate?

EDIT: I would think if you got your "100 cot" off a tag it's probably accurate

Yes, I do have other things to do, procrastinating.

EDIT: Juice Wrld is the rapper brand attracting the $$$
Gildan was my first guess due to the collar construction
I'm pretty sure its the Anvil 980 Neon Blue. it matches all the criteria you posted plus they have a black woven tag.
The most expensive this shirt has ever been through the distributor is $2.75
Hope this helps.
No top-stitch on the collar of the Anvil. For this reason I believe it's Gildan

·
Registered
1 Posts
The blank did not cost $75.00. The blank did not sell the finished product did. Someone paid $75.00 for the finished product. Not one moment different than buying a car then latter finding out that the dealer made more that you thought they should. That said, you can not go back and find the maker of the seat belts to see if it is fair and reason for the cost. JMO

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow! Where are these customers when I need them. Everybody around here still wants to buy a $5 t-shirt. That being said, no t-shirt is worth $75. Two words: RIP OFF

1 - 20 of 32 Posts