T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i already do vinyl but i am looking to start making shirts. Iv done screen printing in high school but i thought it would be much cheaper to do heat transfer shirts.

My? Is.. What all do i need? Of course the heat press machine but wjat other equipment will i need?? I want to know what all i need to buy at once.. If anybody can help me out with that id really appreciate it :)

· Registered
1 Posts
Ok so i already do vinyl but i am looking to start making shirts. Iv done screen printing in high school but i thought it would be much cheaper to do heat transfer shirts.

My? Is.. What all do i need? Of course the heat press machine but wjat other equipment will i need?? I want to know what all i need to buy at once.. If anybody can help me out with that id really appreciate it :)
I have been in this business now for 2 years, I started out with the heat press, but have now been working with DTG printing (have trouble with it sometimes but other wise I like it better). If you are looking to just do the heat press, all you need is a heat press, transfer paper (but try out a few different ones, some are terrible quality) and a good printer. I use a canon and it works like a dream. Depending on the size of the graphics you want to print will depend on the size of the printer you will need, obviously :). That is about all you will need.

· Registered
7,155 Posts
You probably want a Teflon Sheet to cover the transfer paper. Also, an Epson Printer with Pigment Ink, and a Continous Ink System to make sure you get great quality ink with a low price. The CIS is a bulk ink system and will give you ink for a very low price compared to buying ink cartridges every few t-shirts or whatever you're making transfers for.

We use Epson Workforce 1100, but understand they're hard to get. Don't know what a similar epson printer would be for that price and work load.

· Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is there a heat transfer machine in ebay i could buy? or an official website where i can get the supplies at??

im going to be making simple everyday t-shirts... diff color designs and such..

if someone can link me to stuff i need that would be awesome..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.