T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried to order from article 1 their 111b euro fit short sleeve shirt in black but they are soldout till october 12th does anyone know where i could get them?? thanks and also the mens short sleeve crew neck shirt made by Bella is on back order too, where can i find these shirts i need them!!! thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
solmu,

i just received a sample bella tee from presentation/pps apparel. so you might try them. nice shirt! me likey! but doesn't run as small as some folks say. i ordered the large because they supposedly run small, but i could have taken the medium.

and i got my samples fast. well, the warehouse is in ohio and i'm in michigan, so i got them the next day, i think.

i hope this helps!

veggie

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
vegbyrd said:
i just received a sample bella tee from presentation/pps apparel. so you might try them. nice shirt! me likey! but doesn't run as small as some folks say. i ordered the large because they supposedly run small, but i could have taken the medium.
I think I'm "some folks" in this case ;)

We were originally only using Gildan male cut shirts, and tried Bella first when we were looking at ladies' cut (as it came pretty highly recommended). I don't know it it varies between types of shirts, but the Bella shirts we got were more than a full size smaller than the male-cut Gildan shirts. This wasn't just an especially small small or anything, it was on all of them that we tried. We ended up deciding on the Hanes Silver for our ladies' cut shirts, which have far more standard sizing.

I could try to check back and figure out the exact model of shirt we got from Bella if someone wants me to, but I do guarantee they were much smaller =)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Twinge said:

We were originally only using Gildan male cut shirts, and tried Bella first when we were looking at ladies' cut (as it came pretty highly recommended). I don't know it it varies between types of shirts, but the Bella shirts we got were more than a full size smaller than the male-cut Gildan shirts. This wasn't just an especially small small or anything, it was on all of them that we tried. We ended up deciding on the Hanes Silver for our ladies' cut shirts, which have far more standard sizing.

I could try to check back and figure out the exact model of shirt we got from Bella if someone wants me to, but I do guarantee they were much smaller =)
LOL! oh, twinge, it wasn't just you! i had hear this before. don't worry, i don't hold you personally responsible! :)

i don't know. it fit like a large should for me. but i guess i should state that i like my t-shirts tight. LOL!! the large had a little extra room around the waist, so that's how i knew i could have taken a medium.

one day i'll check out the hanes silver ladies' cut. i assume they run cheaper than bella.

veggie

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Twinge said:
Quite a few drivebys have said it too.

Twinge said:
We were originally only using Gildan male cut shirts, and tried Bella first when we were looking at ladies' cut (as it came pretty highly recommended). I don't know it it varies between types of shirts, but the Bella shirts we got were more than a full size smaller than the male-cut Gildan shirts.
Um... you don't mean to say you're comparing Bella's women's sizing to Gildan's men's sizing do you? That's certainly what it sounds like...

An American Apparel women's XL is about the size of a men's small. That's normal.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Solmu said:
Um... you don't mean to say you're comparing Bella's women's sizing to Gildan's men's sizing do you? That's certainly what it sounds like...

An American Apparel women's XL is about the size of a men's small. That's normal.
Uh? I disagree. Both Hanes and Anvil match up fairly closely with normal sizing. My mom was the judge of this, and the person to try on shirts and decide the sizing wasn't normal. So that's compared to whatever ladies' cut shirts she normally wears :p

If American Apparel ladies' cut XL = Men's small, that's really alienating a lottttt of people especially since they're known for being a bit tighter than most shirts. I know their target auidence is yonger, fitter folks, but still.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I'm still not clear on what you think "normal sizing" is... are you comparing Gildan men's sizing to Bella women's sizing? For example, would you say that if a Gildan men's shirt is a very different size to a Bella women's shirt, the Bella sizing is abnormal?

It's certainly what it sounds like ("the Bella shirts we got were more than a full size smaller than the male-cut Gildan shirts"), but surely I must be misunderstanding you?

Men's and women's sizing is not the same, and it's not meant to be the same. A large woman is not the same size as a large man. This isn't a matter of opinion.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Well I talked with my mom some more to clarify, since it was her who decided on the sizing issue (hard for me to say, not being female, hehe).

Anyway, she was comparing them to other ladies' cut shirts she has worn in the past. E.g. almost all of the shirts she wears are medium, but there was no way she'd fit a Bella medium (and would only fit a large). So yes, they were much smaller than the shirts she'd been exposed to.

I was the one comparing them to men's sizes - which, well, the Hanes Silver do match up with to an extent; they are of course a little bit smaller, but not a ton as far as general size goes. They are also tapered and have a smaller shoulder width and wider waist width, and are shorter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.