T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Neil and I need some advice and guidance. A little about myself is that I have a urban mens retail store. Last year in June(after attending the ISS Orlando) I added the stahls heat press and started off with 5 designs and was able to get some transfers done, I did around 7-10 different color ways for each transfer. Now I have maybe around 15 different designs and about 10 color ways in each design.
Now I'm running into a problem where my customers want different colors then what I have in stock or they want to create their own design.
I need some direction and advice for which direction to go in.
1: is there any inkjet printer or laser printer in the market that will print custom designs on transfer paper and then I can press it on a shirt(white,black and colors) while the customer waits? Which printer will hold up washes on the garments and has a good vibrant production?
2: or is DTG the better option? If DTG is better then what's the most hassle free machine out there?
3: if there are any other options please advice.
Thanks
Neil

· Registered
342 Posts
My name is Neil and I need some advice and guidance. A little about myself is that I have a urban mens retail store. Last year in June(after attending the ISS Orlando) I added the stahls heat press and started off with 5 designs and was able to get some transfers done, I did around 7-10 different color ways for each transfer. Now I have maybe around 15 different designs and about 10 color ways in each design.
Now I'm running into a problem where my customers want different colors then what I have in stock or they want to create their own design.
I need some direction and advice for which direction to go in.
1: is there any inkjet printer or laser printer in the market that will print custom designs on transfer paper and then I can press it on a shirt(white,black and colors) while the customer waits? Which printer will hold up washes on the garments and has a good vibrant production?
2: or is DTG the better option? If DTG is better then what's the most hassle free machine out there?
3: if there are any other options please advice.
Thanks
Neil
It all depends on the ROI that you can get. If you can get a high enough return on your investment and want to put in the maintenance hours then DTG may work well for you. You can use JetPro SoftStretch paper with a printer on light colored shirts, also. First, you probably have to decide if you want to get into the "custom" business. It can be rough! Another option is to offer different colors each month. Tell the customer, "We'll have black and red prints in February." or some such thing.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It all depends on the ROI that you can get. If you can get a high enough return on your investment and want to put in the maintenance hours then DTG may work well for you. You can use JetPro SoftStretch paper with a printer on light colored shirts, also. First, you probably have to decide if you want to get into the "custom" business. It can be rough! Another option is to offer different colors each month. Tell the customer, "We'll have black and red prints in February." or some such thing.
Now in my stores the customers want certain color ways or special designs that I can't do there. I just want to know if there is a printer that can print the designs on the transfer sheets and then I can press them on the T- shirts? Is the inkjet printer or laser jet printer the answer to my question?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.