T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Vol. Fire Department sent a picture of a cancer awareness design that they found online. Its a pink helmet with cancer pink ribbon in flames. I have looked all over online and found the design used by other departments. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can track it down?

· Registered
4,711 Posts
who is their target?
who is unaware of cancer?

anybody, anybody?

i don't get it,
the whole scheme seems like a colossal waste of resources
there's a constant stream of parades/car-washes/concerts/chocolate bar sales/sports jerseys & shoes/etc for cancer awareness
ok! job done
we are all aware, move on

new thing:
blue ribbons = water is wet campaign
raise awareness that when water gets on you or your clothes they will get wet
we need vast swaths of govt monies for our not-for-profits (wink-wink) to get the message out there

· Registered
4 Posts
who is their target?
who is unaware of cancer?

anybody, anybody?

i don't get it,
the whole scheme seems like a colossal waste of resources
there's a constant stream of parades/car-washes/concerts/chocolate bar sales/sports jerseys & shoes/etc for cancer awareness
ok! job done
we are all aware, move on

new thing:
blue ribbons = water is wet campaign
raise awareness that when water gets on you or your clothes they will get wet
we need vast swaths of govt monies for our not-for-profits (wink-wink) to get the message out there
It's not all about awareness. As a senior member you should know that if someone is asking they might actually need a little help. Most fire departments raise money by selling these t-shirts. The money raised is then donated to say a local organizations that help women cope and deal with the fact that they had to have their breasts removed. Then there is the local (hopefully) t-shirt shop that provided the shirts, this allows them to make a little money as well as gets their name out there for providing a great product.

· Registered
4,711 Posts
i helped them immensely by opening their eyes to the bigger picture,
and to begin to think critically instead of emotionally

cancer is an industry with zero desire to find a 'cure',
only to raise awareness that you need to give more on top of the tax dollars you've already had pilfered from you

maybe real change will happen when enough people open their eyes, or have them opened

take a look here
and here

the below quotes are from marie claire here

Yet what many in the breast cancer community are loathe to admit, despite all these lifesaving developments, is that, in fact, we are really no closer to a cure today than we were two decades ago.
A popular gripe among advocates is that too much is spent on awareness campaigns — walks, races, rallies — at the expense of research. (And really, when Snuggies go pink, haven't we hit our awareness saturation point?) There's a case to be made for that, of course, but there's another explanation, one that exposes an ugly, even blasphemous truth of the movement: Breast cancer has made a lot of people very wealthy. The fact is, thousands of people earn a handsome living extending their proverbial pink tin cups, baiting their benefactors with the promise of a cure, as if one were realistically in sight.

· Registered
1,690 Posts
Yes, contrary to popular belief, many medicines are made to keep you ill, rather than cure you. What would be gained by Big Business by finding cures for everything? Huge, short-term profits, followed by nothing.

There's way too much conflict of interest, government red tape, peer pressure and downright greed standing in the way of any meaningful advances in medicine, or mainstream science itself for that matter, as witnessed by the ridiculous 'inventions' of Dark Matter and Dark Energy to keep the Standard Model going, upon which many careers depend. This has led us to beliefs in Big Bangs and Black Holes without any experimental scientific evidence to support them.

If I'm going to donate anything, to anyone, (and I do, at times), it will be directly into their hands.

· Registered
79 Posts
1 I believe our industry promotes inclusion thru the product we sell.
2 People with cancer need their human connection confirmed in their time of great despair
3 This looks like some of great dane's artwork
Good Luck with the search.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.