T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wouldn't use an exact copy anyway. That looks like a team's logo, which means there's a copyright holder somewhere.

There's no sense in risking getting yourself in trouble for theft. Let the client accept the responsibility and figure out where to get it if they want to copy it exactly, and tell them that you can create something similar but different if they don't want to be bothered. If nothing else, it'll be cheaper and less time intensive to create something similar than to spend hours searching the internet for that exact art.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't use an exact copy anyway. That looks like a team's logo, which means there's a copyright holder somewhere.

There's no sense in risking getting yourself in trouble for theft. Let the client accept the responsibility and figure out where to get it if they want to copy it exactly, and tell them that you can create something similar but different if they don't want to be bothered. If nothing else, it'll be cheaper and less time intensive to create something similar than to spend hours searching the internet for that exact art.

I am printing for a school, it's their logo, the coach just does not have access to the logo, he is doing shirts for his kids

·
Registered
621 Posts
Should be, if I had the time, that's my problem
This half an hour, an hour at most, to redraw. Someone really good could do it in ten minutes. If you have no skill at it and are starting from scratch, yeah maybe six hours to get good handle on it, but you never loose that having learned that. Its a straight forward use of the bezier tool or pen in a vector program.

If it is still too daunting, lots of recommendations on the tshirt forums for people that do vectorizing. I'm not sure of everyones pricing, but I would say in the $15-$70 range.

I'd even bet if you asked the right way, one or two would just do it for free.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am printing for a school, it's their logo, the coach just does not have access to the logo, he is doing shirts for his kids
Ah.

Well heck, that simplifies it. Someone at that school has to have a copy. I'd just let him know you need someone in the main office to send you a copy and move on to your next project until they get back to you with it or tell you they don't have it.

At that point then you talk to them about re-creating it and build a little goodwill. Don't add extra work to your day just to meet a deadline if you don't need to.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
i know schools do get permission from mba/nhl/nfl for their logo use,
so that may be the case here

i should not have made such a blanket statement that implied they had 'borrowed' it without consent,
my apologies

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.