T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an epson workforce 1100 with high temp inks from cobra inks sys and im trying to find the best and affordable transfer paper that can help me get vivid colors on t shirts , leather and some flat promo items as well. The paper that im using right now leaves a lot of ink on it and the result is faded and dull. Please help!
Thank you
teo

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
If you got sublimation inks (but it looks like cobra sells pigment and dye based not sub) then it will have a lot of ink left on the paper, or appear that way. IF sub ink then either your time is off, pressure or temp. I do most of mine at 390/55secs light pressure.
If you got pigment ink then alpah double green works good, JPSS paper, Iron all. Alot of good papers out there for shirts.

Mark

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Cobra sells a high temp ink...but not sure what that means...they have sort of inferred that it is sublimation 'like' ink...but I have serious doubts...Sawgrass has the patent in US for desktop printers and sublimation inks...they are very protective of the process. With sublimation you will need sublimation transfer paper..not normal paper...and sublimation ink on polyester...white or light pastels..press at 400F for 50 seconds and you should be good to go

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've been looking at a Cobra High Temp ink system because it seems that getting started with it in considerably cheaper (I haven't looked that hard, so I may be wrong).

Sooooo, based on what I just read here, either Cobra has found a back end way to make sub inks OR it's probably a superior product that they're not supposed to make anyway?

Or can you make and market the ink, but you just can't call it sublimation ink? *scratches head*

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same question as the original poster in this thread. I just purchased an Epson Workforce 1100 with High Temp inks from Cobra and I'm looking for the best dye sublimation paper to use. Does anyone have a similar setup and experience with different dye sub papers?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts