T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently noticed that there are some water-based ink companies that sell coated Pantone matched colors instead of uncoated. This was a bit of a shock to me because I thought all water-based inks were uncoated. I’m not sure why any company would produce uncoated matched Pantone water-based inks in the first place because the colors are muted softer and don’t look as vibrant and bright. Ironically I was using a cheaper water-based ink ecotex and moved to a higher quality Ryonet fusion based system. I’m definitely happier with the switch to the pigment mixing system, however I’ve run into several colors that just turn out horrible when trying to match an ink on apparel. The following image is an example of what I’m talking about. The cheaper coated ecotex-based ink on the right is a bright vibrant red while the fusion base system with the same Pantone color which is uncoated and looks more pink than red.

i’m already frustrated that I’m going to have to buy completely two different ink systems one for uncoated and one for coded so can someone help me to know which manufacturer makes a good quality coated ink system? Apparently Ryonet green galaxy fusion bass system does not offer a coded matched system.

Attachments

· Registered
4,580 Posts
I’m not sure why any company would produce uncoated matched Pantone water-based inks in the first place because the colors are muted softer and don’t look as vibrant and bright.
Produce? You are the one doing the mixing.
Uncoated shades are softer/lighter, but if you want a darker shade you can use a darker shade.
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Magenta

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.