T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
You need unfiltered black lights. F40T12BL - Damar 48-Inch 40 Watt T12 Black Light F40T12BL. If you have florescent now and the ballast are t-12 40w ballast you can simply change the sockets.

You can also look for t-8 bulbs as the t-12 ballast are no longer made so if you are changing all the bulbs and ballast then look for t-8. The socket are the same for the t8 and t-12 lights. You will need to buy these as they don't come with bulb.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Can you take a picture of your socket, the bulbs where the numbers are, and the ballast. Let make sure your not working with a high output system.

Reactions: SwankySeams

·
Registered
8,132 Posts

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Ok so it appears you have t-10 high output bulbs. A pic of the ballast will confirm that. In a 48" bulb if I remember right they are around 100 watts. There is also a low power version of this and is the same as a T12 40watts. The low power t10 weren't as popular and I believe weren't produced very long. So you will need the ballast info to identify what you have. I don't think the bulbs were ever produced as a unfiltered black light but not sure about that and can't find any by a search. I do know I changed a ton of these in grocery stores in the late 80's- early 90's that were the high output bulbs.

Did you contact AWT for the bulbs. Is that who gave you the $96 per bulb price. They may have had them custom produced in unfiltered black light. There are places that will make custom bulbs in quantities.

If they are the the high output I recommend getting t-8 ballast new sockets and unfiltered blacklights. The sockets appear to be the slide type. I will post below the replacement for that type with ballast and bulbs.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
If you haven't called AWT it may be worth a phone call. Otherwise you need a picture of the ballast with the fumblers to determine what you have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.