T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help. I searched the whole web about this but i didn't find anything. My Fast-T-Jet2 starts a head clean if I press the LOAD button and while the head is cleaning it turns off and on an starts the same procedure again and again. I don't know what to do?! Please help. Thank you

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I solved it. It was the Printhead. After I changed it it was working. But now i have another problem. After I press load it starts the head cleaning and after that the Eject Error button und all Ink Light are flashing fast. Do you know why? Thank you

· Registered
1,397 Posts

What your seeing in the youtube video is someone who has a Tjet 2 with a bad mother board. The way the printer is starting up going into a head cleaning then error is a common symptom of a bad mother board. How T2 users get this problem is when they change the print head and have the power cord plugged in at the same time. Did you leave you power cord plugged in when changing the head? What happens is when the cord is plugged in you still have electric current being introduced to the printer. Same as any electrical item in your home. Once you unplug the head your breaking the current which then causes a short. This can cause the ribbon cables and print head to fry and in most cases your mother board. Check your fuse located in back of your printer before doing anything to cheaply and quickly rule this out. If its fried replace it. That fuse may take the impact of the short. Still doesn't work then replace your print head. If that doesn't work then replace or repair the mother board.

If you found another solution please share to help others that may have this same issue.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you so much for your help. I will try it asap. Another question. Can I replace the motherboard of a Epson stylus 2100 and put it in the T jet or do I have to order a new one?

Sorry for my bad endlish :eek:

· Registered
5,872 Posts
Thank you so much for your help. I will try it asap. Another question. Can I replace the motherboard of a Epson stylus 2100 and put it in the T jet or do I have to order a new one?

Sorry for my bad endlish :eek:

No. The T-Jet main board has special firmware that was specially burnt for it by Epson. You cannot just replace it with a standard main board.
_

· Registered
334 Posts
No. The T-Jet main board has special firmware that was specially burnt for it by Epson. You cannot just replace it with a standard main board.
_
it's should be the solution for cause i've changed all the compenents after my differents problem and stillhave an error. the adjustement program give me " printer si printing " as statut.

So where we can found this mother board and this two boards please?

Attachments

· Registered
1,397 Posts
it's should be the solution for cause i've changed all the compenents after my differents problem and stillhave an error. the adjustement program give me " printer si printing " as statut.

So where we can found this mother board and this two boards please?
Where you connect your USB. That's the main board locate at the base of the printer. You'll have to take out the bed to get to it.

· Registered
334 Posts
:)

thanks lazographics, i mean where we can buy the modified epson for tjet as equipmentzone said "No. The T-Jet main board has special firmware that was specially burnt for it by Epson. You cannot just replace it with a standard main board."

· Registered
1,397 Posts
:)

thanks lazographics, i mean where we can buy the modified epson for tjet as equipmentzone said "No. The T-Jet main board has special firmware that was specially burnt for it by Epson. You cannot just replace it with a standard main board."
May be a tough one to locate. Inventory for these parts getting lower and lower since these printers haven't been built in years and parts are now obsolete. Try American Screen Supply in Phoenix, Arizona.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
But isnt there the possibility to copy the eprom from the motherboard via ssc-utility and write it to an Epson Stylus 2100 Motherboard via parallel printer cord? There is a Thread about it, but does it work?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.