T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking to start designing and selling shirts, like most of you posting on this message board.

However, I am on a tight budget. I am a 19 year old college student living by myself. I commute to classes and pay the bills at home, so this business venture has a high risk-high reward factor.

I have been able to save up about $1,000 dollars over the past few months and am looking to start buying equipment and so forth with that allotted money. I was wondering if this would be enough to get started?

What would be the most affordable method for beginning my business?

Lastly, should I consider taking out loans to help accommodate the business proposal?

Thanks for the help any feedback is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Parental/financial advice here. Others can respond to the rest of your questions.

Do NOT take out a loan. Don't financially burden yourself while you're still in school. Chances are good, you're already in debt. Figure out a way around debt.

Are you going to design the shirts yourself? Do they involve graphics and/or text or just text? Are you going to screen print? Vinyl? Outsource to an outfit like Transfer Express? Print transfers from your computer/printer?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Parental/financial advice here. Others can respond to the rest of your questions.

Do NOT take out a loan. Don't financially burden yourself while you're still in school. Chances are good, you're already in debt. Figure out a way around debt.

Are you going to design the shirts yourself? Do they involve graphics and/or text or just text? Are you going to screen print? Vinyl? Outsource to an outfit like Transfer Express? Print transfers from your computer/printer?
Sorry! Guess I should have been more specific in my description.

I am actually good as far as finances are concerned with school, I am going for free because my mom works at my University. So, the only financial concerns for me would be the cost of living at home.

I am looking to base my business around our local high schools with shirts that include graphics as well as text. I was looking for the most affordable method out there but I was hoping to use the heat press method because it seemed to be the easiest.

Hope this post was more specific. Thank you for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.