T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[media]http://www.jonnychapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/2012_desktop1.jpg[/media]

Could someone please tell me how to prepare the artwork? I have a 4 color 1 station press. and I have 110 and 156 mesh screens.
Am I going the right direction with this? Thanks.

Hayk

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have done other multi color prints (2 and 3 spot color) but they were all solid colors and it was easy to separate. I use Adobe Photoshop for the most part. I'm familiar with Adobe Illustrator as well.

Hayk

·
Registered
16 Posts
This image looks like you're going to need a RIP software or some way of creating the halftones. I've heard of people doing halftones in Photoshop and Illustrator, but I've never done that myself. Doing jobs with halftones is a whole different level than spot color prininting.

You could have someone else do the color seps for you and just have them mail you the positives if you don't have the software to do it.

Another thing, if you're going to be doing halftone screens you're going to need higher mesh screens to get good halftones. If you do it with low mesh screens the halftones are not going to come out right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.