T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I need help. I am new to zazzle and have read through zazzles guide lines and recommendations and I am confused from zazzles wording.

I used DrawPlus X4 vector drawing program to create all my designs.

I created the dimensions I want first in DrawPlus for a zazzle T-shirt. Then I create my design and I save copy of my design so I can always go back to it when needed.

Once I have saved my design I then Export my design as a .PNG with 32-bit depth with transparency and uncheck the anti-aliased (since the design is going on a dark shirt) and I change the DPI to 300 dpi (since once I export as a .PNG this will change my vector image to a raster image) and select export.

I then go to zazzle and upload my .PNG image to the zazzle T-Shirt so in this case a black T-shirt. The image looks good in the preview window but this is where I am having trouble understanding.

In the zazzle design tool under the Advanced Options do I UNCHECK the box that says "show whites in image as transparent"? In my mind I say yes I would uncheck this box as my image has white in it and it's on a black T-Shirt.

Questions:

1. In the zazzle design tool under Advanced Options does the option "show whites in image as transparent" for dark apparel still apply since my design is created in a vector program and exported as a .PNG I am thinking yes this would apply?

2. I want the white to show on dark apparel so do I UNCHECK the box that says "show whites in image as transparent" for dark apparel so that the white will show up?

3. Do I UNCHECK the box that says "show whites in image as transparent" for light apparel or does this option not matter on light apparel?

:confused: :eek:

clearink8

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok, I need help. I am new to zazzle and have read through zazzles guide lines and recommendations and I am confused from zazzles wording.

I used DrawPlus X4 vector drawing program to create all my designs.

I created the dimensions I want first in DrawPlus for a zazzle T-shirt. Then I create my design and I save copy of my design so I can always go back to it when needed.

Once I have saved my design I then Export my design as a .PNG with 32-bit depth with transparency and uncheck the anti-aliased (since the design is going on a dark shirt) and I change the DPI to 300 dpi (since once I export as a .PNG this will change my vector image to a raster image) and select export.

I then go to zazzle and upload my .PNG image to the zazzle T-Shirt so in this case a black T-shirt. The image looks good in the preview window but this is where I am having trouble understanding.

In the zazzle design tool under the Advanced Options do I UNCHECK the box that says "show whites in image as transparent"? In my mind I say yes I would uncheck this box as my image has white in it and it's on a black T-Shirt.

Questions:

1. In the zazzle design tool under Advanced Options does the option "show whites in image as transparent" for dark apparel still apply since my design is created in a vector program and exported as a .PNG I am thinking yes this would apply?

2. I want the white to show on dark apparel so do I UNCHECK the box that says "show whites in image as transparent" for dark apparel so that the white will show up?

3. Do I UNCHECK the box that says "show whites in image as transparent" for light apparel or does this option not matter on light apparel?

:confused: :eek:

clearink8
ok as I am researching this I just read that The setting "show white as transparent" only works for
(a) jpg files or
(b) png files that have no transparency

so I am assuming that the png files with transparency that setting option does not apply? Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance.

clearink8

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have been using Zazzle for a long time, and I have never been able to use a png file without getting the background. When you remove the white of the background the white in the design disappears along with the background. I tried messing with the options in the export window in my Corel Suite 12 to no avail. I switched to exporting my files in a tif format with "no background" and that has worked for me. Give that a shot if you can. On your Zazzle images page the image will have a light checkered background meaning that the background is transparent. Then you can put your design on whatever color you like in the dark shirts. Your design on the lighter colors won't show well at all except on white and ash gray. Feel free to check zazzle.com/frostbit, that's me, and I think you will see that tif looks pretty good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.