T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I'm pretty new in the forums

i received today my Gcc expert 24lx but dont have any vinyl transfer to mess with it :(

i'm ready to order 50 yards of siser easy weed and i don;t know how many yards of the main color to take and also few yard of rare color to use.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks

· Registered
3,906 Posts
50 yards is a lot of vinyl. I get mine in 5 & 10 yard rolls. But to answer your question, it all depends on what you are going to be doing with the vinyl. I would think black and white would be the primary colors you will need the most of. Other than that you can get a yard or two of the other colors to play with and when you get an order buy 5 - 10 yards of it (depending on how big your order is.

· Registered
1,855 Posts
50 yards of vinyl of one color? Did someone suggest ordering this much? 1 to 5 yards to start out with of different brands to see what you like best.I agree with black and white but also consider red and blue. What are local school colors? Get a few one yard cuts of some of the specialty vinyls such as glitter and zebra.

· Registered
6,970 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your answer

Maybe i didnt realise the 150' (50 yard) to start its way too much specialy with no order at the begining!

but i did find localy a sample pack as mentioned.

i will think get 10-15 yard max and see from there.

i tought to white would be the color more requested

· Registered
105 Posts
Try to find a "color wheel." Then take your shirt (color) and find the opposite color on the "wheel" for best contrast. i.e. white prints on a black shirt, etc.

Royal to Navy Blue on a white shirt comes out pretty well. Also thinking Bright Yellow on a Black shirt.

I would recommend figuring out your vinyl of choice, then have a little extra material to try test cutting on. Perhaps a seller might offer a bit of a discount for some poor selling colors just to move the stock for these purposes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.