T-Shirt Forums banner

Need Help choosing embroidery software

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  BadReligion 
#1 ·
I am a new home machine embroidery owner. I am trying to decide the best software to purchase. If you were choosing between embird, corel drawings 2 or pe design next .... Which way would you lean?

I want to be able to take a design I made and turn it into embroidery, some lettering, some appliqués, and just general children's options. I have a Brother innov-is 1250.

I would like to get the best bang for my money. I don't want to buy a 400 software and find if I had only spent 300 more I would have gotten something I really would have liked better.

Thank you for replying.

Mermaid

#2 ·
Action Illustrated is coming out with new software for CorelDraw. It is called EZstitch. We have the test version and really like it. If you goto youtube and look up Action Illustrated AZ. Then look for the videos on EZstitch. I think there is 5 videos or so.

Sent from my SM-T210R using T-Shirt Forums

#3 ·
While I have only actually had hands on experience with Wilcom, IDS, and PE-Design 7, 8, and Next. I would recomend buying the best you can afford. Like most things, your work will only be as good as the tools your using allows.

PE Design Next has some very nice features since your using a Brother machine. And I find it very intuitive and easy to use.
Wilcom is easy to use as well, but with many more options and a higher learning curve. Plus it is not cheap.

I have looked into Embird, and it does seem to offer a lot for a small investment, the interface looks kinda dated to me but I would not let that make or break buying it. There are a couple of yahoo groups dedicated to Embird, so if your leaning that direction I would recommend joining them. There is a LOT of very helpful people on them.

Take care, Stan

#4 ·
One of the trade magazines (Impressions, Stitches or Printware) published a software overview recently. I can't remember which magazine it was but it would be helpful to you to check it out. I'm not familiar with any of those programs but I believe it best to start with a good editing program that will allow you to advance rather than investing heavily for features that you won't use used. The art of digitizing takes at least a couple of years to learn and there are many good digitizers out there. Your time might be better spent marketing and running your business.

#5 ·
Commercial embroidery shops use Wilcom - Ethos - Pulse - ........ We use Wilcom in our business and get great results.......I started digitizing back with a puck and board process for paper tapes.....Used Wilcom then too.

#6 ·
We use wings experience but at the time Wilcom was $30,000. If you can do it go with wilcom. For us we do 95% in house and the rest goes to wicked stitch.

#7 ·
I would also check out the pricing to upgrade so you aren't surprised later and inquire about the stability of product levels. I've been caught a couple of times. Once when the product was no longer supported after a short period of time (Pulse's "Advantage") and once when the level (Pulse's "Illustrator") was upgraded which increased the cost to maintain current.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.