T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking to expand our business. We already have a vinyl plotter and make signs and stuff but we are now wanting to expand to t-shirts. We were thinking about getting a heat press and going that route, but we really like silk screening and we are thinking of possibly going that route. As though, we don't know to much about it though. I found this website that seems to look like it has pretty good product. If anyone has time to take a look and let me know their input that would be great. http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.com/sit/799934/product/ent44

Also, if someone knows anything about printing the screens and could let me know something about that process that would be great.

Thanks so much....Jenny

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Re: Need Help Choosing A Press

Yup, that link works. I'm not in a good position to offer an opinion on the equipment sorry (for one thing screenprinting equipment costs about twice the price in Australia), but there are a few members who have offered good opinions about that kind of thing in the past who shall hopefully drop by.

·
Registered
227 Posts

stellargraphics said:
Also, if someone knows anything about printing the screens and could let me know something about that process that would be great.

Thanks so much....Jenny
If you click your own link, go to the menu on the left on the website and click "Information and free video" you will find a pretty informative discussion of the screen printing process... Should give you a pretty good feel for what your about to undertake..... Chuck

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I watched the video and I understand in a way what i'm going to be getting myself into but I just want to make sure I get a quality machine. If I can get a machine that will do basically the same thing as that one but is more affordable then I would like to go that route. I know a lot of you guys and girls have a lot of experience with this. Thanks for the responses so far.

·
Registered
227 Posts

stellargraphics said:
I watched the video and I understand in a way what i'm going to be getting myself into but I just want to make sure I get a quality machine. If I can get a machine that will do basically the same thing as that one but is more affordable then I would like to go that route. I know a lot of you guys and girls have a lot of experience with this. Thanks for the responses so far.
What that press has going for it is 1) micro registration....which you'll wish you had later if you buy one without it....and 2) four work stations... this becomes important on large runs... One person printing , One person taking the shirt off, and one person putting one on.... Will dramatically increase your output.. That may not seem very important untill someone walks thru the door and orders 500 shirts with a print on the back and a pocket print on the front..That means you will be printing and curing 1,000 times.... More workstations suddenly becomes very desireable..... Good Luck with your venture..Chuck

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought the exact package last year. I like it so far. Buy a conveyor dryer ASAP. Its very difficult and time consuming to full cure with a flash dryer. If your gonna try to use the flash dryer make sure you get an infared thermometer. Its possible, just not fun.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Micro-registration is a must. I have a 4-color press without it and its a total pain to do more detailed work with. At this point I'm either going to get my detailed work done by someone else or purchase a better press.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts