T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a pre-owned neoflex, after finishing assembling the carriage is stuck in the docking station. The machine was printing before it was disassemled for shipping.

Regards Bernard::confused:

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hie
The seller actually ran a test print before the machine was shipped the carriage got stuck during shipping. the white cap with a spring that goes beneath the plunger on the other side was missing it had dropped off in the packing box but i have placed it back, when i pulled the green lever the obstruction now seems to be coming from below at about the capping station area. :confused:

· Registered
8,371 Posts
Only way to fix is starting to take a apart. Start with covers. See operation Epson manual to see blue print. Good luck. Always remember how you took off to put back together later.
Gentle and gentle. Stuck? Call Tigers.
Cheers! Inks are on me always.

· Banned
101 Posts
I purchased a used Neoflex about 4 months ago. Sounds like the machine got damaged in shipping. But when you push the head release you should be able to move the head manually. You should not have to use any hard pressure. Check that the sensor has the encoder strip in the middle of it.

I happen to be very familiar with the Epson 4880 printers. I could not be happier with the machine. Watch all the AA videos. The only thing I do different is that I use the "pink stuff" from inkjet mall to keep my head and capping station happy.

Once you get used to daily maintenance you are going to be very impressed by this machine. I start my day with printing a test pattern that fires all 8 channels. If I see any problems I manually clean the wiper blade and the capping station and that usually solves it. Also, I use firebird ink which works great.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hie
I have checked the encoder strip is inbetween the sensor, that part is fine. I have started opening the covers the problem is with underneth the head, at the capping station so i now need to remove the capping station any ideas on how i can do that with the carriage stuck above it. So I can get whatever is stuck under there out.

Bernard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.