T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing some research as I am VERY new at this and I have not purchased any equipment yet. I was looking to buy this press. Does anyone have any 2 cents they can share about this and basically just any feedback about it?

http://www.starlinepacific.com/equipment/tshirt_presses/ht400_manual.html

Also, I was wondering if anyone could help with some sort of "starter checklist" of items i would need.
I know i need a press, a printer, special ink, transfer papers.. Is there any little things I am missing as a part of this list? I'm basically just looking at the press/printer right now and then I will go down the list and research about all of those items then.

Lastly, would you rather get a Epson C88 or a 1280 printer? Which would produce better quality, and how much better would that quality be?

Thanks very much for all the help. I hope I am not asking too much.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Hi Envy.. I am a former rep for Epson. First if you are doing transfers you don't need any special ink. The c88 which has 4 inks that are a pigment ink which is best for tees because the inks are water resistant and fade resistant. The 1280 which is being replace with the r1800 is a dye ink. It uses 8 inks.. over the top for tees great for photography. Hp printers by the way are thermal inks not recommended for transfers but they work.. Also the 1280 is a large format printer. If you doing large transfer designs then it may be they way to go but work out the cost per transfer in ink usage.
My cx7800 all in one (epson) uses 4 inks (same as c88) and I figured I pay an average of .35 to .50 cents per 8 x 10 tranfer. Hope this helps you and others. Lou

·
Registered
37 Posts
badalou said:
Hi Envy.. I am a former rep for Epson. First if you are doing transfers you don't need any special ink. The c88 which has 4 inks that are a pigment ink which is best for tees because the inks are water resistant and fade resistant. The 1280 which is being replace with the r1800 is a dye ink. It uses 8 inks.. over the top for tees great for photography. Hp printers by the way are thermal inks not recommended for transfers but they work.. Also the 1280 is a large format printer. If you doing large transfer designs then it may be they way to go but work out the cost per transfer in ink usage.
My cx7800 all in one (epson) uses 4 inks (same as c88) and I figured I pay an average of .35 to .50 cents per 8 x 10 tranfer. Hope this helps you and others. Lou

Hey Lou,
do they have pigment inks for the 1280

thanks

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm looking for input on the HT 400 D too. Anyone out there use this press, and have things to say about it ? It looks like a good press, but some "user testimonials" would be great.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, Thanks for all the help about the printer. It really helped! I appreciate it. I guess I am just on the hunt for information on the press. I am going for a demo next week at a local place that sells them here and if I get any usefull information I will post it for everyone else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts