T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some really nice designs and it has some profanity on it..should i blank out the swear words or not? the words fit the design very well but concerned about kids seeing swear words on my work..Feedback please..thank you very much

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe in freedom of speech, expression, etc. But, I personally won't make tshirts, designs, whatever that has profanity (because of my faith). I would rather turn down the job, than make money on making something that makes me uncomfortable to wear myself.
Of course, there is a market out there for that kind of stuff!
(just my opinion) :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you very much.i will give it more thought.thanks for taking the time to give me your opinion

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I believe in freedom of speech, expression, etc. But, I personally won't make tshirts, designs, whatever that has profanity (because of my faith). I would rather turn down the job, than make money on making something that makes me uncomfortable to wear myself.
Of course, there is a market out there for that kind of stuff!
(just my opinion) :)
I totally agree. I may not like the words used myself, but others have right to have what they want. I say let the consumer make the decision. .... JB

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Nothing ****s me more than a shirt with ****s (well, except all the many things that do in fact **** me more, but you get the point :D). Personally my stance on this is either do the shirt properly, or not at all. Not at all is certainly a legitimate choice too. But we all know what the ****s stand for (including the kids) and I think it's a really silly social fiction to think it's any better. It just lacks integrity while being just as offensive.

There are some particularly conservative places where an uncensored shirt will run you afoul of obscenity laws. But again, I would say that's a reason not to do the shirt (or to do it anyway as a non-violent protest), rather than to do it badly.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I've made some custom shirts for a customer that I wouldn't wear, but if he doesn't have the social skills to know something is in bad taste, that's his problem.

That being said, I would not do a shirt that promoted violence, or was racist, etc.

I've done shirts for my husband that are really quite funny, but of questionable taste. He carefully chooses his moments though...knows where the shirt will be appreciated, and where it would be in bad taste.

I think there's a market for those shirts, and if you don't make them, someone else will. Like everything else, people can choose to buy and wear them, or not.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Everybody cusses, but there is a time and place for cussing. You don't do it in front of kids, cuss out your mom, ect. If this customer chooses to wear the clothing you make in an inappropriate manner, that's his/her problem not yours.

Suprisingly, most people will choose to wear clothing responsibly. I've lived in many different parts of the country from very large cities to very small cities and been around lots of different types of people. From "bad" parts of town to "decent" parts of town. (No "good" parts yet. But my t-shirts are acoming.$$$:D) Despite all the places I've lived at, I can probably count on half a hand the number of t-shirts I've seen that I would say were offensive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts