T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well on my monitor with my resolution, there's a black bar on either side of the home page, which leads me to believe that you're background is too small.

Also, you should think about making the bottom button's backgrounds transparent, and making them a little more uniform. I think this will clean up your homepage a lot.

Beyond the homepage, it isn't a good idea to have your links open up to a new window/tab. It makes your potential customers feel like they're being taken away from your site, and in this case, they actually ARE.

Your shop page and your home page look like totally different sites. I'd suggest modeling your home page after your shop for two reasons.
One: you're using a plug-and-play shop (as I like to put it) which doesn't allow as much customization.
Two: if I was to be totally honest, your shop pages just look better.

You might as well not even have a home page, as all of the links on it just go to the same store home. It took me a couple minutes to realize that they were all the same.

If you're going to do that, you might as well have a domain that just directs you to your shop.

Your products look professional, however, I can't even come close to saying that about your website.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not too bad. I agree, I would not have it open to a new window when you click on one. I also didn't realize at first that it opened to the same shop page at first. Theres really no point in having the home page you have now. Its pretty much just for looks.

(in my opinion)
I would clean your home page up a bit. Your background is almost overloading everything else. Maybe try something less busy or make the one you have more transparent. It looks a little to busy. I do like the look of your shop page a little better.
I would sort of mix them together. ( a little less on your home page and a little more on your shop page)

Hope this helps a little. :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Also, I went to look at your page source, and you have right click disabled?

You have absolutely no text on your homepage, so when google or other engines crawl it, they won't have anything to use for their search results except your images and domain name.

You might as well use this as your homepage (although I've complained about music on sites a few times in other threads).

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Your home page is kind of busy, and you have mystery meat navigation. It took me a bit to figure out which icon to click if I wanted to contact you, and then when I did get to the contact page, I had to click several times to get a contact form. In addition, all the stuff about your company, which customers often like to know, is hidden several clicks in, and behind a mystery navigation which doesn't make it easy to figure out where you need to go to find that information.

I'd also kill the music. If you must have music, at least give an option for turning it off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate all the constructive criticism. I do agree with most of everything that was mentioned and have tried to fix some of it, but I am limited to what i can do with the program im using. Then again it is the most user friendly website builder i have used compared to other ones out there. Well I will make some changes to make it more appealing and easier for my customers to navigate on the website. I will completely do away with the intro page and just go straight to the slide show. I am not a big fan of music on websites either but I know some people like it. So i will leave it on for now with the option to turn it off of course. Thank you all for your feedback. Check it out again and let me know if there is anything else i need to fix.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, I went to look at your page source, and you have right click disabled?

You have absolutely no text on your homepage, so when google or other engines crawl it, they won't have anything to use for their search results except your images and domain name.

You might as well use this as your homepage (although I've complained about music on sites a few times in other threads).
Thanks and this something I just over looked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts