T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I replaced my 1400 with a 1430, it works well with the Cobra refillable cartridges from my 1400 with pigment ink. The only downside I've found is that the print heads clog a little more frequently, and it uses more ink at the same settings as the 1400.

·
Registered
7 Posts
this printer has given us nothing but issues!! we replaced the 1400 with the 1430 and the ink system wouldnt work so we had to get a new system then it took hours to get it up and working. After that we thought it was fine till we started realizing the Cyan ink was CONSTANTLY clogging and it does it on a weekly basis! It takes up to 50 head cleanings and nozzle checks to get it working some times. ITS A WASTE OF TIME!! i do not like this printer and we now must invest in a new one because of the time it takes to fix these issues! please save yourself the frustration and DO NOT use a CIS(continuous ink system) with this model if you decide to get it!

·
Registered
736 Posts
You should probably post a new thread regarding your system. You should also mention where you bought it from, whether you got the inks from the same company, etc.

If you got the cheapest thing you could find on eBay, then you are better off throwing the entire thing out and buying something from a reputable refill company.

·
Registered
410 Posts
You can't go wrong with a wide format Inkjet printer(wide format 11x17 papers) Nor the 11x17 Ink jet papers either. I used to use a BJC1000 wide format with Inkjet papers years ago to do my Heat Applied Graphics. I had great success too. Of course I used the canon inks which where expensive but, you could buy them 3 to package from Sam's years ago. I switch to the Oki-data C830N (tabloid 11x17 and bigger) Laser Color Copier to do my Heat Applied Graphics. I'm very, very happy with that machine. Mind you, it cost way more than an Inkjet printer. And it prints far better than the Inkjets. I know there are some here that would agree with me or disagree with me. But, I love it. Do I have an Inkjet printer? Yes I do! What kind? hummmmmmmmmm let's just say it beings with an E....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.