T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I launched a shopify site last night. Not sure if it's ready but.... Anyway can you guys take a look and give me some feedback. Also is there a good source for a clipart dump?

· Registered
4,606 Posts
unfortunately i don't have a phone or tablet, but it all worked fine on a desktop

the use of 'llc' in your logo is a little odd for a t-shirt company, this is usually seen for businesses that need a legal liability out (lawyers, accountants, medical, architects, etc.)

people nowadays seem to like all the products/designs on an infinite scroll, instead of multiple clicks to find something that might interest them

i would suggest to scale down your top image, lose the middle text and shop button (We offer....), and then have all your designs underneath on infinite scroll

it's too bad your fuzzy balloon dog just looks like a fuzzy image, i wonder if that may be one that would look better in real life on a model
(i've done a similar scenario where i ended up finding a decently sized graphic of the htv, and used that for the mockup image overlay)

very nice work and designs

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
unfortunately i don't have a phone or tablet, but it all worked fine on a desktop

the use of 'llc' in your logo is a little odd for a t-shirt company, this is usually seen for businesses that need a legal liability out (lawyers, accountants, medical, architects, etc.)

people nowadays seem to like all the products/designs on an infinite scroll, instead of multiple clicks to find something that might interest them

i would suggest to scale down your top image, lose the middle text and shop button (We offer....), and then have all your designs underneath on infinite scroll

it's too bad your fuzzy balloon dog just looks like a fuzzy image, i wonder if that may be one that would look better in real life on a model
(i've done a similar scenario where i ended up finding a decently sized graphic of the htv, and used that for the mockup image overlay)

very nice work and designs
Thanks for the input. I have a few of the custom designs on the front page. But I'm a decorator so that was how I incorporated that. But no one is going there. (the builder) Out of 3500 visits not a one. They look at the designs but no one is buying. Well, not no one but the ratio is like 300 to 1. I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Very Frustrating!!!

Picture of the "Koons" print he's suppose to look "furry"

Do you think I would be better off just directing to the shop page and skipping the custom on this site?

Also Pinterest and shopify marketers have said in emails "oh we totally get your target market" well that's great like care to share??? Facebook add listed our market as "smart" what the???
I suck at marketing.

Petal Textile Creative arts Art Electric blue

· Registered
4,606 Posts
i like a straight-up here's the designs/t-shirts on the landing page
no fluff, no movies, no 5 paragraph treatise on who you are, just a showcase of your designs on a good t-shirt mock-up

the custom can be a link in the menu, but it is a very small percentage of people that go through the trouble of using those custom designers

check out this site (splathead's) for what i like, and i think works for small independent designers like you

i wonder if your creative mind could contemplate adding some text to your designs???
just a thought that occurred to me thinking about what you are offering

sorry about the doggy, i thought you were using flock htv for that design

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i like a straight-up here's the designs/t-shirts on the landing page
no fluff, no movies, no 5 paragraph treatise on who you are, just a showcase of your designs on a good t-shirt mock-up

the custom can be a link in the menu, but it is a very small percentage of people that go through the trouble of using those custom designers

check out this site (splathead's) for what i like, and i think works for small independent designers like you

i wonder if your creative mind could contemplate adding some text to your designs???
just a thought that occurred to me thinking about what you are offering

sorry about the doggy, i thought you were using flock htv for that design
Once again thanks for the input. I think I'm going to link the shop page to promotions. I think that might help.

· Registered
257 Posts
Thanks for the input. I have a few of the custom designs on the front page. But I'm a decorator so that was how I incorporated that. But no one is going there. (the builder) Out of 3500 visits not a one. They look at the designs but no one is buying. Well, not no one but the ratio is like 300 to 1. I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Very Frustrating!!!
Unless you are filtering out bots, 90% of that traffic is bots.

A few things that stand out.
  1. I do not understand the menus.
  2. No need for a home button, everyone already knows clicking the logo goes to the "home page"
  3. Why a shop menu items with a drop down, those should be main menu items.
  4. The site does not make it crystal clear that you can buy stuff on it.
  5. No phone number, get a Google Voice number if no business line.
  6. Products have no description which will kill your SEO.
  7. Products appear to have missing bullet points.
  8. Big hero image, logo and name seems more like a company information site than an ecommerce site.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

A few things that stand out.
  1. I do not understand the menus.
  2. No need for a home button, everyone already knows clicking the logo goes to the "home page"
  3. Why a shop menu items with a drop down, those should be main menu items.
  4. The site does not make it crystal clear that you can buy stuff on it.
  5. No phone number, get a Google Voice number if no business line.
  6. Products have no description which will kill your SEO.
  7. Products appear to have missing bullet points.
  8. Big hero image, logo and name seems more like a company information site than an ecommerce site.
Thanks so much for your input. I made a bunch of changes. I hope it makes a difference. I think the menu is way better. Couple of things though, I don't understand why you say it's not clear you can buy stuff and when you click on the product there is a description? Can you be a little clearer on those points.

· Registered
4,606 Posts
  1. Big hero image, logo and name seems more like a company information site than an ecommerce site.
these two points are right as rain

a decision needs to be made if you are an ecommerce site or an info site

i thought it was an architectural firm with a side-shoot of some tee-designs
which would have been fine, except the designs did not reflect that focus

i would lose the big hero image, simplify the logo (lose the name text, esp. the '+' and 'llc') and place it in the upper left corner with 'gabrelli abendstern' only underneath), menu to the right, lose the next block of text (throw that into the 'about us' or add it to the footer), then an infinite scroll of the designs (why make someone click 'view all'???)

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is good to see you added t-shirt customization feature. But one thing, your product customizer allows designs of front and back of t-shirt only. What about sleeves?
I know but, in over 30 years of printing I can count the number of jobs with sleeve prints on my two hands. Didn't seem worth the extra work of down loading all the side images.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.