T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First timer, I have about $500 to spend. I definitely wanna re-invest into a GX-24 ultimately once funds provide. I plan on using the cutter for a start to cut vinyl for signs and shirt vinyl part time as I get jobs.

After doing about a weeks research I had my mind made up that I was going to buy the USCutter LaserPoint for days. I liked the Optical Eye feature, the stand w/ basket, and the price could easily meet my budget. But now but after making a Excel sheet of the specs and features of these 5 cutters I came out with the ProCut CR630FB dominating the Laserpoint.

Things I included in this sheet was pressure, speed, max cutting width, rollers, warranty, precision, CPU bits and price comparison. Laserpoint actually came out last on my list because its only half the speed, lacking software, 2 rollers and a 16bit CPU. Where as the CR630FB had the stand w/ basket, 32bit CPU, 27 in/s, 800g pressure, 3 rollers, and FlexiSign 8.5.

My sheet came out like this:
1. ProCut CR630FB
2. ProCut CR630
3. USCutter MH-721
4. SM-24
5. USCutter LaserPoint

Is my list accurately pointing me in the right direction? Thanks

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I have a friend who swears by the refine mh 721. I have been told that the laser point is not a good choice, but the UScutter brand of cutters is good equipment. When I say the laser point is not good choice, I mean their is others cutters is the price range that are better. .... JB

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a friend who swears by the refine mh 721. I have been told that the laser point is not a good choice, but the UScutter brand of cutters is good equipment. When I say the laser point is not good choice, I mean their is others cutters is the price range that are better. .... JB
I will definitely consider it, but i still havent really been persuaded away from the ProCut's yet.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I will definitely consider it, but i still havent really been persuaded away from the ProCut's yet.
I will never try to change your mind. I just wanted to tell you what I was told. I encourage you to make your own choice, but just make a informed choice. good luck. ..... JB

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
I don't think the laser point has an optic eye...they use software and you manually set your registration marks. I heard it works...sort of...but not like a true optic eye...but sounds like the laser is way down your list so..probably not an issue

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think the laser point has an optic eye...they use software and you manually set your registration marks. I heard it works...sort of...but not like a true optic eye...but sounds like the laser is way down your list so..probably not an issue
Ah I see, one thing that was encouraging me to get it was a review I found on SignForum.com they rated it highly. I like that they have a forum on there site. Thanks

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I'm sure the it uses a laser to align with not a optic eye. The least expensive cutter with a optic eye is the Roland GX24.I know the flexi software will allow you to contour cut too. .... JB

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to order the ProCut CR-630FB, take my chances I guess. There are two videos on youtube so I guess I will report back on how it goes.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I am that friend that JB was referring too. I will never try to pursuade away from one either. But I will tell you that procut is the same as the laserpoint minus the laser. They are both made by Creation, US Cutter sells the same machine you're referring too.

As for the Refine MH-721, it is simply a workhorse. I have said it before and will say it again, I will put my machines, yes (s) I own 2 Refines, up against any machine out there and I will bet you you can't tell what machine cut what design.

Either way you'll make a good decision on what way you go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW, Kevin I was over your way last night, went to Wheeling Island, wished I would of stayed here. :( I could of bought any of the machines you're referring to with what "I left" over there.
Ouch! Sorry about your luck. I've never been there, thank god, i spend enough money from my computer chair. I found your reply very helpful, now I must debate eBay or UsCutter Direct. Too bad the 721 doesnt have the basket. What software do you use with it?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I have done runs of vinyl 20' long and as long as you keep the floor clean you don't need a basket. :D I use Flexi Pro, which BTH is why I love the Refine, it uses the Roland PNC-1000 driver with it and there's features with that driver that makes the Refine surpasse any of the other machines you are debating on. Remember these machines are "dummy machines" they only will do what the software tells them to and with the right driver you can do ALOT.
Believe it or not I can contour cut with my refine using Flexi Pro, also a feature I find ALOT more handy is what Flexi calls the "show me" button that allows you to see exactly how much vinyl it will take and I use that on every cut I do. It don't work with any of those machines you was referring to as the driver is not designed to do it.

That's why I like the refine so much, for using different software, honestly I had a laserpoint and it is a better built machine and is quieter, but I could not use those features so I sold it and got another Refine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have done runs of vinyl 20' long and as long as you keep the floor clean you don't need a basket. :D I use Flexi Pro, which BTH is why I love the Refine, it uses the Roland PNC-1000 driver with it and there's features with that driver that makes the Refine surpasse any of the other machines you are debating on. Remember these machines are "dummy machines" they only will do what the software tells them to and with the right driver you can do ALOT.
Believe it or not I can contour cut with my refine using Flexi Pro, also a feature I find ALOT more handy is what Flexi calls the "show me" button that allows you to see exactly how much vinyl it will take and I use that on every cut I do. It don't work with any of those machines you was referring to as the driver is not designed to do it.

That's why I like the refine so much, for using different software, honestly I had a laserpoint and it is a better built machine and is quieter, but I could not use those features so I sold it and got another Refine.
Excellent information, thank you so much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got my MH 721 yesterday and after figuring out how to setup it to run from USB, i have to say i love it. Now i gotta find some supplies. Thanks guys

·
Registered
462 Posts
I got my MH 721 yesterday and after figuring out how to setup it to run from USB, i have to say i love it. Now i gotta find some supplies. Thanks guys

Great unit for the money. If you can find a supplier locally, you would avoid shipping charges. You could also find alot of suppliers on the internet that will ship to you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I suggest getting the Ta ID # and move on. The benefits of buyng wholesale and the ability to access many vendors will be a real asset to your business. .... JB
I took your advice and got it this morning. Quick! I just hope I filled the form out right, some of the stuff they ask you is like another language. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts