T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working at this for a while now but it's almost ready. There are a couple things that aren't finished yet, namely:

- "Shop Guys/Girls" etc at the top isn't a link yet
- the main page big header image will link to the (random) product which it shows
- the "about the artist" sections on the product pages aren't finished
- i'd like to have more pictures of people actually wearing the shirts for the main page instead of most being just the shirt on white

Aside from these things, please look up and down the website and give me your hard opinion on anything that you don't like / think would be better another way.

Also I wouldn't mind hearing what you think of the designs as well.

Thanks guys

http://www.oddityclothing.com/

· Registered
348 Posts
layout is nice, i LOLd at ur shopping cart.

my two complaints:
1- it was very slow to load
2- at first it was all white and your designs were loading and i thought it needs something in the background to frame it all in so it isn't so stark white for indy/emo products so maybe a black behind the background, then the black background loaded and it was so stark that it made me think otherwise, maybe a black with a gray design, nothing over the top maybe a grunge style or something to add to the overall feel of the site..

but great job, and oh i think it helps to have a model with big boobs.. so im sold lol and on the note of models, maybe for your display pic show the model pictures as you have them the when you click the design you see the model and their face.. it may just be me but i was intrigued to actually see the model, so i was drawn to finish the picture only to just see the bust (not that it was bad) but I think sometimes people are more sold on the idea that they will look like the model, and not actually the design itself..

hope this helps
peace
-krylon

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I still have to optimize the images to try to get it to load faster. Other than that though, I'm not sure what else I could do to get the load time down, I think its just from all the images.

There actually is a background, your monitor might be darker than mine but there is a subtle dark gray on black background pattern there. I'll think about what else I could do with it.

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The shirts under GUYS/newest and GIRLS/newest are the same. Why not have 1 link entitled NEWEST rather than having 2 links to the same thing (unless you intend to show something different for each link)?
The GUYS newest brings you to the part of the page with the new guys shirts and the GIRLS newest link brings you further down to where the girls starts. They're both on the main page, but I think it makes it easier to tell where each starts if it takes you right to it.

· Registered
814 Posts
i like the designs and such.. otherwise the layout is very basic (not relaly a bad thing though!)

I love the navigation at the top, since you have so few categories, its best to show them all out there so people can just have one click to get whereever they want to go.. nicely done there..

You t-shirt designs are AWESOME.. i like them alot (not really site suggestion but hey!)

ABOUT THE ARTIST
I clicked on one shirt and there was an about the artist section, which i think is cool but theres nothing there!! Add stuff, people might be itnerested.. Create little artist profiles on YOUR site so that you dont have to link outside of the site.. maybe a "More t-shirts by this artist" link is a good idea too..

Ummm.. you add to cart button doesnt work.. Kinda a kill joy for a decent site

· Registered
387 Posts
You're designs look great! The website is clean and simple, and very easy to navigate. This seems like it'd be obvious, but sometimes people put so much complexity into a website that it's impossible to find what you're looking for! So congratulations, you've successfully combined a good design and easy navigation! ... Not to mention SICK t-shirt designs!!

Just curious - are these shirts printed with plastisol inks, or waterbased, or what? I tried to find it on the site but it only had info about the actual garments.

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ABOUT THE ARTIST
I clicked on one shirt and there was an about the artist section, which i think is cool but theres nothing there!! Add stuff, people might be itnerested.. Create little artist profiles on YOUR site so that you dont have to link outside of the site.. maybe a "More t-shirts by this artist" link is a good idea too..

Ummm.. you add to cart button doesnt work.. Kinda a kill joy for a decent site
I still have to do the about the artist sections.

What do you mean that add to cart button doesn't work though? It should pop up a notification right over the "add to cart" button once you click it that says "You have added x to cart - [continue shopping] [checkout]"

Is this working for everyone else?

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just curious - are these shirts printed with plastisol inks, or waterbased, or what? I tried to find it on the site but it only had info about the actual garments.
They're printed with water-based inks only. I'll try to put it out there more easily to see. Also, I think you're right about the model pics but i'll have to leave the current ones up until I can actually organize a photo shoot.

Oh and I upper the contrast on the background to make it easier to see, looks very noticeable without being too much, for me anyway.

Also I optimized all the images and cut the total load size of the main page by 1/3.

Thanks for all the comments on the designs too guys.

· Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Hi Fender,

Nice job, nice designs, too. I read the whole thread, and since I use IE7 I did an experiment to see if it would put a shirt in the cart and it did. The only hitch for me was, in the upper right corner under the shopping cart icon, where it says 1 item, price, etc, it cut the bottom of the words off and only left the top half of the words displayed.

Otherwise, I just have a small personal preference that I like when I am shopping... if the same design in available as a tee, hoodie, cami, etc, I like them grouped so that when I zero in on a design, and I make my choices, I know up front what I had to choose from.

I was looking at a design I liked, I thought I saw the two items it comes on, and then at the bottom of the page - I saw the same design on a cami. I thought, "Oh crud, what else do it come on that I missed?" Then it's like I am looking at all the designs and playing that match game or concentration = too much work for me! It's not that big a deal, but if confusion and extra work can be avoided during a "shop" that is a good thing to me.

Good luck to you, your stuff is nice and has a fresh look. :)

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, after much time spent with the coding I fixed the issue with the "items in cart" text being cut off in internet explorer. I'm also pretty sure I fixed the problem with the 'Add to cart' buttons not working in internet explorer.

Lindsay, and anyone else, could you please check on your computers and see if you can now add things to the cart with IE?

Also, Kelly: I could rearrange the order of the items so that all items with the same design were next to each other. So if there was a t-shirt, a hoody, and a tank top with the same design they would all be next to each other and then the next design would go after that. Is that what you meant?

The only problem left that I can see if that you can add items to the cart without choosing the size or shirt color. This is a problem with how the shopping cart is designed and will probably be a big pain to fix.

· Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Ok, after much time spent with the coding I fixed the issue with the "items in cart" text being cut off in internet explorer.
Yep, it looks good now... not cut off at all. :)

I'm also pretty sure I fixed the problem with the 'Add to cart' buttons not working in internet explorer.

Lindsay, and anyone else, could you please check on your computers and see if you can now add things to the cart with IE?
I use IE7 and I can add stuff to the cart. :)

Also, Kelly: I could rearrange the order of the items so that all items with the same design were next to each other. So if there was a t-shirt, a hoody, and a tank top with the same design they would all be next to each other and then the next design would go after that. Is that what you meant?
Yes. I really liked the Strange tee, and 3 varieties were dispersed across the page, I think one is first and the 3rd is actually last. It's like hunt and pick that way for me. I did also notice Bombshell is displayed/listed twice, same shirt, just in different colors. When I see that, same shirt in different colors, I immediately dismiss the shirt as something I've seen. I would avoid that, because any mental dismissing is not an activity (I would think) that you want to encourage at all when someone is looking at your designs. For mental activity the whole time when someone is on the page, it should be "engage, engage, engage, and hold their interest" the whole time, so when they leave, that is their only memory of your site... fully engaging and interesting. Again, this is just my opinion, but I've been to very good sites, and sites that are frustrating. You know the feeling when you leave the site, which is was, or what in between. If you have the shirt in the same color, I'd recommend not displaying it on the front page twice, but let the color be an option for that shirt.

I was on Jerico's site yesterday, and one thing they did that I liked was they displayed on the page a color chart with the names of what colors the shirt comes in. I really like that because it's one less click and very easy for me to see what I want to choose.

Here is the page:
http://www.jerico.ca/productdetail.aspx?c=1&s=69&pid=40

The only problem left that I can see if that you can add items to the cart without choosing the size or shirt color. This is a problem with how the shopping cart is designed and will probably be a big pain to fix.
When I don't choose a color or size for the pink Strange cami, it puts a pink small into the cart... so there actually is a size and color. You might get complaints tho, that folks will say they didn't mean to choose that size or color.

If you look on the Jerico.ca page I gave you, they have "choose size" and "choose color" as the defaults. On your page, colors and sizes are defaulted... that may be why it allows the "add to cart" without specifying further.

Hope that helps. It's not always easy to critique sites, especially when someone says "be picky" lol, because I want to say exactly what happens when I'm on the site, haha, but can't help but feeling bad! So pls know none of it's meant to knock the site, but only help if it's something that you think works for you. When do you plan to start taking orders?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.