T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ay everyone,anyone it's another new busy guy I need info on some reliable,trustworthy contractors I can pay to print some good shirts until I can afford to get more equipmt pleaze help Im new I don't know too much about cafepress and another I haven't got any info on platinum screen printing nyc looking to make about 80 shirts total 20 at a time any advice would be deeply appreciated Thanx Gr

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Hi John, since we do not allow service requests to be posted in the main forums, I have removed your post.

Once you have 15 posts in the forum, you can post a SERVICE REQUEST ad in our classifieds area to see if other members can provide the printing services you need.

In the meantime, you may want to try posting an ad in the classifieds at http://boards.screenprinters.net or try your local phone book.

Any questions at all, please let me know.

Thanks,

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry 'bout that Rod I guess thats what happens when we get excited and rush nevertheless I got a few answers and ideas, and will be contacting hopefully some new trustworthy contractors. I'm very particular about protecting my original stuff from copy cats any suggestions that aren't for the mega-rich? I already know of mailing your idea 2 yourself & not opening it until or if need be, are their some better more official ways that won't break a person.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I already know of mailing your idea 2 yourself & not opening it until or if need be
That way won't help you at all. It's false information and it gives you no protection.

To be honest, there is no way to stop someone from the act of stealing your work. Even if you register a copyright, they can steal your work and you might have to spend money on a lawyer to get them to stop.

But by registering a copyright with the official copyright office, you have the power of official proof on your side that you can use in a court of law to establish that you were the first creator. With an official copyright registered, that's the only way you can get legal damages for someone else stealing your work.

There is no way around it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Rod I agree but what about the poor people is their a way the process could be cheaper? May be a stupid ? but I have 2 know, only the somewhat wealthy can really afford 2 have an idea, or invention copywrttn and get richer? No wonder the rich stay rich and poor families go through a cycle of poverty and die. America's a lovely country.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Thanks Rod I agree but what about the poor people is their a way the process could be cheaper?
$20 is all it costs to register a copyright. That's economical whether you are "rich or poor".

but I have 2 know, only the somewhat wealthy can really afford 2 have an idea, or invention copywrttn and get richer?
You don't have to be rich to have an idea. Not sure why you say that.

You don't have to register a copyright or trademark to sell lots of t-shirts. There are companies making millions of dollars per year selling t-shirts that haven't registered copyrights or trademarks for all their designs.

Don't get hung up on the copyright/trademark part. I sold t-shirts successfully for over 7 years without registering a trademark. It's not likely that someone is going to take your designs, but if that's a big concern of yours, then you should just figure it into the cost of doing business.

No wonder the rich stay rich and poor families go through a cycle of poverty and die. America's a lovely country.
Part of rising above your circumstances is your attitude and drive to succeed. With talk like that, it won't help you at all to reach higher goals.

Successful people and rich people talk and think positively.

Even people who started from nothing who end up making millions talk and think positively, not worry about what other people are doing or how America keeps them down.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx once again Rod my mistake I guess I've been very misinformed I don't have a completely negative idea of our beloved country but it helps to know someone is out there giving truthful info instead of falsehood. You have been a great help the grand rkiteq is very greatful.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello everyone it's been quite a while you'll probaly hear more from me as things start to develope. What I need 2 know is until I am able 2 accumalate enough funds from selling t's I'm having an outside source make 4 me what equiptment do I need besides a good pc,scanner,printer, heatpress,good ink, & blanks thank you 4 any answers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts