T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm brand new to the sublimation process. I have the printer, clamshell heat press, xfer paper, teflon sheet, etc... but I need a little help from the experts on finding the correct ink and CISS system for getting started.

I have an Epson C120 (based on some starter recommendations here), and I'm having difficulty locating sublimation ink and a CISS setup for it. I plan to heat press T-Shirts and other garments (50/50 poly/cotton I understand is best), preferably on dark fabrics but I'd like to be able do light as well.

Can someone kindly direct me to a reliable and inexpensive source for what I'm looking for? I search eBay daily but all that seems to be available for my printer is Pigment ink and I'm not sure if that would suffice. I'm a still noob and don't know the difference :(.

Cost is also a factor so I'm looking for a setup somewhere in the $150 and under vicinity. I will not exclude refillable cartridges if they're recommended. I was also considering an empty CISS and separate sub ink bottles but I'm still lost on exactly what I need. I google every possible combination for info, but all the info I find is a bit hazy to me. I need definitive help so I thought here would be the best place to ask.

I greatly appreciate any responses. If there's any other pertinent information you may need to be of better assistance please let me know, I'll check back frequently. Thanks very much, J

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Rodney is correct...you cannot use sublimation on any darks...and works best with only white/pastels (pastels like from vapor ware)....ink is pricey...with the C120..cis would be around 700 USD or so...In US you have only two choices...for that printer...sublijet and artainium...both from Sawgrass..

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a C120 and I just use the inkjet tranfer paper for the light shirts and the ones for the dark shirts and the tranfer paper is great form RPL supplies company. They just had a sell a 100 sheets for dark $75.00 I think the sell gose off today and the lights or 100 sheet for $48.00.
LaTonya

1 - 5 of 5 Posts