T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i'm a french Brother GT541 owner. I got a real problem. I'm now in canada, making t-shirts designs, and my mate is in france.
He just had NO IDEA how to create a .arp file to print a really really BIG order. I don't have my computer here. I just want to send him .arp files that he will just and simply have to print.

Please can someone help me to create .arp files ? Or just tell me how to create it just with photoshop ? There is a psd/arp converter ?

· Registered
1,435 Posts
I believe ARP is brother's own format.

You can install the Brother GT-541 print driver, and it should set up the Brother FileOutput printer which you can use to dump to an ARP file, even though you technically do not have a Brother printer installed on your computer. I did this messing around once and it seemed to still function.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found Brother drivers for GT541, but doesn't give me the plugin to export .arp files.

Maybe the drivers are not the good ones. Can you upload me you drivers and tell me the way i have to proceed ?

Maybe i got the good ones and my way to proceed is bad. We can start to just try to create .arp files with the drivers i have. Explain to me since drivers installation to .arp exportation, i'll try, and we'll see if my drivers are good.

Thank you for your help.

· Registered
1,435 Posts
It's not a plugin that it installs, instead it's a Printer that's called something like "Brother GT541 FileOutput". When you print to that as if it were a printer, it will open up a Save dialog for the ARP file to be saved somewhere on your computer.

I do not have my 541 files anymore, as I ended up trading the printer in against a 361 and I believe it uses a different format (I think ARP3+ARPT).

One thing you might also want to consider is a program like TeamViewer (TeamViewer - Free Remote Control, Remote Access & Online Meetings), which will let you remotely control the computer from afar, I use this on occasion to troubleshoot issues and it works fairly smoothly.

· Registered
249 Posts
I have the driver installed on several computers - only one is connected to the printer, and the printer is NOT shared on the network.

the driver allows me to select Brother GT-541 File Output as the printer, and saves the output as a .arp file in the location of my choosing.

I then go to the computer hooked up to the brother, and send the file.

You cannot "send the file to the printer" unless the printer is hooked up to that computer - but you should be able to do everything else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.