T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
custom plastisol transfers or invest in a vinyl cutter which is great for one color designs on any color shirt.

you'd need a computer with a graphics program, design the design, send the info to the cutter and it will cut whatever color vinyl you purchase, place on shirt and heat press.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
plastisol transfers are made by silkscreening your design onto a paper.

there are no printer's that use a plastisol ink cartridge. plastisol ink is pretty thick and i don't know why but nothing like that exists to this point.

if you are doing light colored shirts (white-ash) then you can get away with using heat transfer paper for light fabrics. the inkjet transfer paper for darks i wouldn't recommend as your design would have to be within a circle or square for you to easily cut by hand, besides it feels like you stuck a garbage bag on a shirt.

IMO i wouldn't sell either to customers. with the competition online like customink a lot of customers are going in that direction and leaving the mom and pop shops behind.

BUT as i said a vinyl cutter opens up a lot of other doors for you. you can cut numbers for jerseys, cut vinyl for signage. but a pro grade cutter will cost you over 1k.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
if you don't want to invest a lot go the silkscreen route.

i don't know you're living conditions (home or apt etc.) but i print out a one bedroom apt with a table top press.

just need the design software, a printer to print films and the supplies to coat silkscreen frames. depending on how many colors you want to do you can get a nice little set up from $100 - $400.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.