T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My partner and I are opening a gourmet deli and cafe in Los Angeles next month. We are debating whether or not to put our company name (stylized font) on the front of our shirt and our cool tag line on the back, or alternatively only putting our tag line in large font (1 1/2" x 5") on the front. The Ts will be our "uniform" and we will also make them available for sale. Any opinions?

·
Registered
721 Posts
I think what I would do is:

For employees, put the logo on the front, and the tag line on the back.

On the shirts for resale, I would just do one side...the logo on the front. If you can integrate your tag line on the front as well, that could work.

Printing on just one side of the shirt will cost a little less, and therefore make your margin a little better for resale.

Also, differentiating between an employee shirt, and a resale shirt would be beneficial to you if you're having your employees sign a uniform agreement -- something like "you will be given 2 shirts. if they are not returned at termination, $25 will be deducted from your final pay check"

·
Administrator
14,207 Posts
Also, differentiating between an employee shirt, and a resale shirt would be beneficial to you if you're having your employees sign a uniform agreement -- something like "you will be given 2 shirts. if they are not returned at termination, $25 will be deducted from your final pay check"
That's a good point. Otherwise, your shirts for sale may end up on employees' back. :)

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
For employees, put the logo on the front, and the tag line on the back.
I'd probably do the opposite: logo on back, tagline on front.

The tagline is what humanises the company, and that should be seen when you're interacting with the employee. The logo is just branding, and should be seen on the backs of employees when they're being studious.

(for other businesses you might want the logo on the back, but for a café I don't think it's necessary)

Either way works - it depends what effect you're going for (tagline on front is more casual - which could be a good thing or a bad thing).

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
For the uniform I agree with Lewis.

I also agree that employee and retail shirts should be different.

I'm just in an agreeable mood aren't I?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts