T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...i am in the process of buying my screen printing equipment...but i am very interested on using water based inks and discharge inks....and i was wondering if anybody can help me with the amounts and quantity and colors of ink and quemicals that i need to start ...?...i feel embarass to ask but the truth is that i dont have any experience at it and i dont want to waste any money on things that i dont need....i appreciate your help...thanks

·
Administrator
14,186 Posts
Quantity will always depend on what and how much you are doing. Start off with the smallest size, usually a quart, and see how far it takes you.

Do you have any chemicals now? If not here are the basics:

1. Screen degreaser

2. Water resistant emulsion for your screens.

3. Screen opener for water based inks

4. Emulsion remover.

5. Haze remover.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I'd skip the haze remover (it's nasty stuff, you won't need it straight away, and you can decide later whether or not it's something you want to get into), but otherwise agree with Joe.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes ...small amounts will work to start..thanks..!!...do i need a retardant for the waterbased ink..?..and what colors and brands do i need..?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks joe...i think i am going to go with matsui ..i heard its the best...do you know by chance any suppliers in toronto canada..?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I use Matsui and have found it convenient to have the pigment concentrates for color mixing. That way I stock:

Clear base
Matte base
DSPS Discharge Binder
Discharge White

and I can make any color I need with the Matsui color matching software and picking the right base to use in the formula. That way you don't have to buy quarts/gallons of ready to use ink in every color.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to bother ...i heard that is the same steps to print t shirts with discharge inks....than with a regular inks...? Would you mind telling me step by step how it works...?..sorry to ask but i am seriously new in this bussines and i am in love with the discharge inks...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts