T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*Can't figure out how to edit the title, didnt mean heat press vs plastisol transfer (since they are the same thing)

I have done screen printing for fun for a couple years, but it has been just using cheap hinges, for personal projects... I have an opportunity to make 400 shirts for a church.

I have been looking into buying the screen printing equipment to start up for a while, such as a press and a flash.

I was looking at this starter kit.
SPHO Screen Printing Package w/ 4 Color 2 Station Press

I do have 6 screens already, 2 110mesh, 2 230 mesh, and 2 300 mesh.

Is there a better option for a starter kit around the price, or just a press. I only have 2 weeks of time.

Or the other option is to buy a heat press and do plastisol transfers. If i go that direction what are some good presses?

The shirts are only 1 color, dark ink on light shirts.

Any help would be much appreciated

· Registered
1,162 Posts
If you are thinking on doing just that job, and then the press will be sitting there, then I would go with plastisol transfer.
The heat press size depends on the transfer size. But most of us here use 15x15 heat presses.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry should have included more info...... It would be to get more into screen printing, set up a website, do some more prints later, just on an low budget to start out of $1500....... It would be a start up w/ 3 graphic designers... Currently out source shirt designs, want to eventually do it ourselves. This job came up and thought it would be a good way to get some starter equipment, then build from there. We are not sure how good the screen printing press is that i linked, or if it would be something we would have to upgrade in 3 months, or if it would be fine for jobs of this sort. We all have full time design jobs and want to do this on the side.

· Registered
1,162 Posts
It changes the scenario.
I bought the Econo package and upgraded the standard press for a Riley Hopkins. Then I bought an used flash dryer and a free conveyor oven !!!
You can add a flash to that package and change to a Riley Hopkins (but is is only 1 station) for a total of about 1300 dollars.

Is there a better option for a starter kit around the price, or just a press. I only have 2 weeks of time.
If you have a close deadline I would suggest going with transfer for this job.
Probably two weeks is what it will take to be delivered to your door.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.