T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Hey Louie!
You're going to need some Polyester specified white ink. Or at least a white that is specified as "low bleed", although it's important to note that 'low' does not mean 'no'.

Union makes a great Poly White, it's what I use. I imagine any poly white will do for your purposes.

Hope this helps!

· Registered
8,278 Posts
Great advice above, Union has great poly white but I will point out that most low bleed will cure at a lower tempeture. You need to make sure to cure at the lower temp cause if you don't you usally will get the same bleed as standard ink.

· Registered
2,940 Posts
After 9 years, I just did my first white ink on a red 50/50. I normally talk customers out of this combination, but this was for a customer who resells to HIS customer, and the guy insisted. I used QCM 158 through a 156 mesh screen, raised my flash to just barely gel the ink, then adjusted my dryer so the ink got no hotter than 310 degrees. Printed them last Saturday, delivered them on Monday, and they still hadn't turned pink, so I think they should be good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.