T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of swapping my business over from Spreadshirt to manufacturing myself. Trouble is, I need a website. I tried building one, and let's put it this way my future is not in web design, and I cant afford to outsource it. Can anyone recommend a decent UK ecommerce site?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm more interested in UK based companies due to the customer services element, and I dont want to hit with a massive phone bill when something goes wrong, I've been down that route already with Pay Pal.
I was thinking of using Daily, has anyone have any experience of this company?

·
Registered
208 Posts
They look like more of a hosting company like 123-reg, they say they can help build you a website starting from £50 (so you would assume £50 would get you a very basic store if you are lucky)

Or an estore FROM £6.99 (im always careful when I see the word FROM, as it almost certanly means you will pay more than £6.99)

Bigcartel and webs are both free to start and dont require any serious web knowledge, just make yourself a banner, upload a few photos and you are in business

I can list 25 products with 3 photos per product, so 75 different tee/colour option for £5 per month with bigcartel

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Freewebs options looks interesting, i've used webs before but never for selling. What about back office features?
Daily are offering up to 300 items for £8.99. This includes site and back office.
it's a minefield!

·
Registered
840 Posts
i use cubecart on a couple of websites, i think its fabulous :) loads of professional skins out there for it and mods. I get charged about £45 per year for hosting (thats both included in the 45) dont go paying a monthly fee or a % of sales for a website whatever you do.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Why not just use OsCommerce and get some webspace? You wont need that much. This store Krome Ink - Urban Clothing - London is running on a modified version of OsCommerce. It cost a lot to do but that was because I got ripped off. With my knowledge now I could get something like this set up for you for £200.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi there -

I know you said you have tried to build a site, and you don't think the future is there for you.
I wanted to ask, what did you try to use to build this?

The reason I ask is that if you were trying to use core HTML code, you will mentaly fall apart (I'm pretty comfortable with it myself). A CMS coudl be a good idea, but if your experience is limited, the likes of Joomla, Drupal and wordpress may not be a great one to start off with

If you already have some hosting, you should see if you have "Concrete5" available. It's open source (freeeeeee) and super easy - it's all drag and drop

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am in UK but used How to Make a Website on SiteRightNow.com to build rhinestones, crystals and accessories - it was very easy, has a built-in shopping cart linked to Paypal and they have live web-support which I've only used once but was immediate. They do charge monthly though. I have just built a 2nd site myself www.rhinestones-wholesale.co.uk using UK Business Web Hosting, Joomla Hosting, Bespoke Joomla Website Design, from Bristol Based Patrick Internet and added Mal's shopping cart. It did take a bit of getting used to but once I had sussed it out I never had any problems - there are some really good templates which you can customise. I'm happy to offer help if you need it.
Ellie

·
Registered
373 Posts
Im currently using Bigcartel for ease of use and price but previously tried Volusion, cubecart and Zencart. Volusion was good but £30 per month for a startup shop is too much. With cubecart and Zencart I just didnt have the time (or patience) to set everything up lol.

Im always looking for different options though for my shop as I would like to have things like discount codes and coupons.

·
Registered
6 Posts
With Mal's you are able to have discount codes and vouchers - I was impressed with that as I can't do that on my current web-site.
It is quite complicated but once you have done 1 page the rest is a piece of cake!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts