T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests, I'd like to hear some options. I've used the QCM XOLB New Glacier White, and while it covers pretty well, it's just that it seems really stiff (bullet-proof as they say) and I'd like to find something that will have a bit softer feel to it.

Also keep in mind this will be going on red tees (Gildan 100% cotton) so that's always an interesting game to play.

Any help is awesome. Thanks.

· Registered
17 Posts
I was told to buy wilflix fashion soft base and mix with wilflex equalizer pc white although I dont know the percentages for mixing the pc white doesnt have all the fillers in it like regular ink so its quite runny I have been tring to dial this in but need to do some more tests any one else use the wilflex pc with the soft base?

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Union's Bright Cotton White is good, and thinner, but unless you can get a decent, SMOOTH print without a flash and second hit, I've found the QCM 158 through a 156 screen is about as good as it gets. The problem with white ink on anything dark enough to require two hits is how smooth a print do you want, how opaque? You can print that Union ink through a 305, hit it twice, and it'll look pretty good, but probably won't be as smooth as the QCM through a 156. Depends on the art, too. If it's large solid areas, any white ink is going to be a little stiff.

· Registered
114 Posts
You could look into discharge.
I just recently printed some shirts with it for the first time and I love it. Only pain was curing it without a forced air dryer, but it just took a couple runs through our dryer to get them to discharge completely. The softest hand you can get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.