T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
It's been over 3 years since we sold Print Pro, but I think that the manual should have installed with the program. Have you checked to see if that is the case? Usually there is a folder called DOCS or DOCUMENTS (or something like that) under the program directory that has a pdf of the manual). It might help to explain some of the questions you have.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It's been over 3 years since we sold Print Pro, but I think that the manual should have installed with the program. Have you checked to see if that is the case? Usually there is a folder called DOCS or DOCUMENTS (or something like that) under the program directory that has a pdf of the manual). It might help to explain some of the questions you have.
Just a thought.
Thanks alot for the email yesterday Don. You're always knowledgeable and very helpful. I actually do have all 178 pages of the manual and have been reading it as I've been going through the setting up process. There's not much about actually lining up a print, and how it alligns with the bed. You'd think that there would be in one of those 178 pages. I was doing the Canvas method by setting the canvas at 13" x 18" but the image doesn't pull up in the same place on Print Pro. So now, I'm trying to move the print around on Print Pro, and then looking at a print preview to see where the image is placed. I just can't tell for example if I want to print in the front right of the Kiosk bed, should the image be on the bottom right of the print preview?

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
If you want to print on the front right of the bed, your image should be aligned with the top left of the preview. :)

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Nope the program will account for that, you should never have to invert the image. Think of it this way, take your platen and hold it up in front of you. When you look at it straight up, you see the top left corner, which when in your machine actually lines up to the front right corner. It was really confusing for me when I got my machine also. I think lining things up is one of the harder things to do at first, but once you understand how the platen lines up, compared to the layout in the graphics program, it gets really easy :)

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Have you printed a test print yet? Once you print an image, its the easiest way to see what I am talking about. I would just get a scrap shirt, maybe an old shirt or something, and just print a test image so that you can see.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks again Sunnydayz. I think you're right. I need to do some test prints. I'm trying to get all the info I can before I start printing. We don't get our shirts for another two weeks so I've just been running cleaning solution through the printer. I didn't want to put ink into the machine until I got the shirts, so I didn't have to flush it out. It might be more beneficial for me to just go buy some blank Hanes and start printing and tinkering to learn before our shirts come in, even if I have to flush the ink.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I just can't tell for example if I want to print in the front right of the Kiosk bed, should the image be on the bottom right of the print preview?
Generally, the top left hand corner of the page correlates to the point where the rulers come together on your Kiosk bed. It's as if you were to pick up the Kiosk with the end where the plugs are on the bottom and the control panel to the top left. The anchor point is the top left, so if your were to select a page size of letter and center aligned the image it would center on a spot 4.25" from the top left corner of the bed and 5.5" down, not the true center of the bed. Make sense?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
That makes perfect sense, thank you Don. I was pretty sure that was how it lined up, but it makes it a little confusing, at least to a new user.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts