T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found some posts about this I think, but they were in a different language ...

Have been playing around with custom printed neck labels.

Currently using a DTG AnaJet Mp5i to print on the inside neck portion of the shirts. I am trying on white garments first and notice any dark colors I use are showing up through the garment, meaning the wearer in the neck area will show the inside design through it.

Wanted to know what others are doing to solve this problem. Are you simply using light colored ink ... i tried some light blues and grey's but the design doesn't show up as well.

Also anyone that screen prints their designs (Again I am DTG them now) do you find that it doesn't show through as much and that when you use light colors they show up better because its screen print thicker ink unlike the DTG?

Thanks ... again just looking for some suggestions to improve this aspect of our garments.

· Premium Member
4,001 Posts
I don't know what the differences in appearane would be between screen printed ink and DTG. But, we use a light grey color for all of the shirts, white inluded, and have no issues.

Yeah, you can't see it as well on the white shirts, but you can it enough to read the brand, size, and care instructions.

It shows a little bit through the back of the shirt, but I think it's better than having a woven or printed label.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply ...

Do you screen print yours?

The current design I am using is 4 inches wide by 2.5 high, does that seem average for sizing, how large is yours if you don't mind sharing a picture or info.

Thanks again for replying

· Administrator
18,948 Posts
Any color except white will show through a white shirt. Use lighter inks like grey or beige. I use to just use a light grey, except it doesn't show up at all on grey or heather shirts. So, we really don't worry about it too much. We use a lot of different colors.

We screen print and our label size is about 4 inches wide by 4 inches tall.

Attachments

· Registered
6 Posts
Any color except white will show through a white shirt. Use lighter inks like grey or beige. I use to just use a light grey, except it doesn't show up at all on grey or heather shirts. So, we really don't worry about it too much. We use a lot of different colors.

We screen print and our label size is about 4 inches wide by 4 inches tall.
this may sounds noobish, but I envied your tag's sharpness. What mesh size are u using? sorry but im still new :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.