T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Re: Indianapolis printwear show

I plan on going and looking in DTG machines. I am interested in getting a feel for these machines. I would love to see one in a real shop and not just at a trade show. Any one out there within 2-3 hours of Evansville,In. willing to let me invade their shop???

· Registered
2,201 Posts
Re: Indianapolis printwear show

I plan on going and looking in DTG machines. I am interested in getting a feel for these machines. I would love to see one in a real shop and not just at a trade show. Any one out there within 2-3 hours of Evansville,In. willing to let me invade their shop???
You are welcome to come here but I just did a mapquest and we are 5 hours. If you can't find anyone closer you are more than welcome to come here

· Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Chris,

No, we will be leaving on Saturday.

The wrap class was amazing. Now Ive never done wraps before, so for me it was a wealth of information. The instructors were great.....a couple of them Id love to be able to climb into their heads for a day or 2. Some of them couldnt talk fast enough to get the information out that they wanted to tell us. Very very helpful !!! Two inparticular I would most definitely take classes from again.

They had a full house for the wrap hands-on class, they had 100 signed up, but it looked like quite a few more. Everyone had a chance to play with the vinyl and get instruction from the instructors. I have to admit tho, that the guys (male classmates) took over the propane torching!! Guys and tools right?!?! So I didnt get a chance to try that out.

They were talking about doing it again, and the next nbm show in indy is in May, so keep your eye out for that.

· Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Robin. So did you learn enough to start a wrap?
I learned enough to not be afraid of it. I'll pester the vendors today to have samples (free) sent to me so I can practise with some of the different media. Then I'll just practise on my own car, and anyone else brave enough to let me practise on theirs :p

Im not ready to go back to the shop and wrap a customers car, but its not so daunting anymore.

Im actually excited about getting back and giving it all a try!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.