T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am looking at purchasing a conveyor dryer from a screen printer in my local area. He says it's a National 220. That doesn't help much because he obviously mixed up the model number with the voltage. Haha good stuff.

It is 10 feet long and 32" wide. It sounds like he has had it for about 10 years and he bought it used as well. Also it appears National is out of business so buying parts to fix it with could be a real problem. The machine itself has black spray paint all over it and phone numbers written on the side. I'm including this detail because it may give a hint as to how he cares for his machinery. Also the belt is pretty beat up, multiple tears. One is actually quite sizable but it looks like he has Mcgivered it with shoe string, haha more good stuff.

I want to know the market value of this thing and I don't expect exact answers because I know that the specifications I have delivered are not a ton of help. Any ballpark figured will do. He is asking $1600. Is this way over? Is this even worth purchasing given the fact that it could be a real lemon or am I mixing up conveyor dryers with cars. In other words do these things last forever?

Thanks a lot.

· Registered
8,278 Posts
I only pay $500 for this dryer by the description. Heat panels and the electrical parts are always available. A belt is gonna run $300-$400.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.