T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a suggestion for which vinyl to use on polyester football jerseys? I tried a search but I wasnt real sure. Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Unless they specifically say they are for nylon, most of the heat press vinyls should work on polyester and poly blends... I did a sample run with Eco Film, Eco Film Plus, Videoflex, Videoflex Extra and Easy Weed. All stuck to 100% poly jackets after numerous hot water washes and high heat dryer runs.

In the end, I went with Elastoflex transfers from Ace Transfer since I was making over 200 jackets in 2 colors and the amount of time to cut, weed and register/position that many pieces was too much.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Unless they specifically say they are for nylon, most of the heat press vinyls should work on polyester and poly blends... I did a sample run with Eco Film, Eco Film Plus, Videoflex, Videoflex Extra and Easy Weed. All stuck to 100% poly jackets after numerous hot water washes and high heat dryer runs.

In the end, I went with Elastoflex transfers from Ace Transfer since I was making over 200 jackets in 2 colors and the amount of time to cut, weed and register/position that many pieces was too much.
Thanks for doing our homework for us!

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I use Hotmark 70 for most stuff other than cotton. The hotmark will adhere to anything. I like to use Eco film for cotton garments. .... JB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts