T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little help coming up with a suitable name for my next adventure. I plan to offer my origional biker style heat pressed t-shirt designs and will offer body jewelry. I have racked my brain for quite awhile and cant think of a "great" website name. I also want to open a real store here in the town I live in. Of course the real store will be my main focus, but want to have the website for sales outside my town.
I had thought of the name bodybling.com, but it is already taken. Can you wonderful people throw out a few suggestions that might help describe the goods i will be selling?
Thanks
Thomas

·
Registered
24 Posts
bikerbling.com, blingstyle.com, skullandbling.com, blinginskull.com, well i'll try to think of more.
I was wonderin why you were sellin your site. sounds like your previous adventure was workin well for you.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
battlereign said:
I was wonderin why you were sellin your site. sounds like your previous adventure was workin well for you.
Thats a long story, but to make it short. I was gonna sell it because I had sold it awhile back to a relative of mine and he didnt treat the customers so well. There was a bunch of orders that didnt go out. I recently bought it back from him, satisfied all the pending orders, and then shut it down. So I had the website all entact, sitting on my hard drive and figured it would be worth some money.
But here recently I have been having the urge to re-open it and get back in business. But my main goal is to open my own store in town. You know a real store, one with windows and such. So I dont think I am selling website and my designs any more. Thats the reason I removed it from my signature.
Thanks for the name suggestions. Have you got any more? Im looking for a name that is more towards general t-shirts catagories and body jewlery. Although 90% of my designs are biker type, I want to make new designs kinda away from that style and more general styled.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I moved this to the "Site Reviews - Design Reviews" section because I don't want people taking your great domain name if somone suggests it and its available.

Lots of people read the forum, so you just never know :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I agree, I opened a real store and my site became neglected, somuchso that I am even ashamed to post a link. Hang on to what you got, you won't miss it much until its gone

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I cant believe you closed your site...even temporarilly. Your designs are great!

As far as a name goes, you don't neciserilly need a name that descibes exactly what you do. For example, "defunker.com" and "karmaloop.com" dont say any thing about the company or its products. That is probably the direction that I would go, since good names are hard to come by if you are trying to describe what you sell in the domain.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Are you a proponent of Eastern religion, Native American, etc. or does the swastika have some other significance for you? It's a rather controversial icon at the best of times, but especially when combined with aggressive skull imagery.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Solmu said:
Are you a proponent of Eastern religion, Native American, etc. or does the swastika have some other significance for you? It's a rather controversial icon at the best of times, but especially when combined with aggressive skull imagery.
Although that resembles a swastika, i assure you that it is not. It is a circle tribal design and nothing more. Wasnt intended to even resmble a swastika. I never even thought about that until you mentioned it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
how about americanrat.com or bikerrat.com?

they both sound catchy to me.

you could come up with a cool logo for either.

here in LA there is a popular clothing store called 'american rag'. and i've heard of a few apparel companies using the name 'rat'...for example, 'yellow rat bastard'.

just some quick suggestions.

ezra

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
skulltshirts1 said:
Although that resembles a swastika, i assure you that it is not. It is a circle tribal design and nothing more. Wasnt intended to even resmble a swastika. I never even thought about that until you mentioned it.
Fair enough; that kind of thing happens often enough.

In my case it's the first thing I noticed. You might want to consider tweaking the design - you could change the swastika for a triskelion (which admittedly still has fascist connotations for some, but most people wouldn't know that).

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Although unintentional, that design would be illegal to sell in Germany. and would probably get funny looks all over Europe (and apparently Australia too...I haven't been here long enough to judge the public mood on those sort of issues myself).

skulls + four armed bent crosses = dangerous grounds

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thank you guys for bringing that to my attention. Rodney, I do not have the button to edit that post, will you remove that thumbnail for me?
I will redesign that one to get rid of the swastika like tribal design.

Thanks for removing that image Rodney. Im sorry if anyone was offended by that design. I sure dont mean to step on any toes around here in such a great forum.

On a side note, I thought of the name tornflesh.com but after going to see if name was available it isnt. Any other suggestions like that would be cool!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
hmmmm...

boneandgristle.com

bikerbones.com (slight rude joke in there....)

clothedbones.com

reskinned.com

Ok, so I'm a little bone and flesh centric....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts