T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently made my shirts available for purchase on www.myspace.com/shadowcustomapparel

I have a printable order form for cash or money order, and I also have the pay pal buy it now buttons. I am using Friend Blaster Pro to market to selective groups and send promotional advertisements. Can some one please provide me with some insight on this issue? I've been told my designs are very nice yet no one is buying.:confused:

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not selling anything did i do something wromg?

I recently made my shirts available for purchase on www.myspace.com/shadowcustomapparel

I have a printable order form for cash or money order, and I also have the pay pal buy it now buttons. I am using Friend Blaster Pro to market to selective groups and send promotional advertisements. Can some one please provide me with some insight on this issue? I've been told my designs are very nice yet no one is buying.:confused:

· Registered
1,110 Posts
Re: Im not selling anything did i do something wromg?

I'm not sure what's up, but it didn't work for me. I'm using Firefox. The intro took forever to load and then when it did load it just played the intro and then offered to let me play it again. I never got to a place where I could make a purchase. So that might be part of your problem.

· Registered
46 Posts

Ditto on the separate site. Set up a BigCartel site for your products - it's hard to actually find your products on your MySpace site and MySpace isn't exactly the most professional/trusted front for ecommerce. It's a social networking site, that's it.

Plus the instructions on ordering via not paypal are pretty confusing. I think you could easily drop those - if someone found you online, chances are they have a credit card and can pay via PayPal. The whole cash thing is kind of weird.

Nothing you have right now makes me think that you have a legit store - I wouldn't feel safe giving you my money.

· Registered
9 Posts

Try out Big Cartel or District Lines.

Also just as a personal preference, act confident with your products. As a consumer it is somewhat of a turnoff when i go to a website/myspace etc and see "no one has bought one yet" or "be the first to buy". These aren't good habits to get into when showing off a product in my opinion. Act like the shirts are regrettable to pass up and are going fast. Make sure people know your shirts are the shis and you are confident they are.:)

· Registered
9 Posts

From your about me...

"..Its Friday night and your rocking out hard at one of your favorite venues, the lights go out and suddenly you hear the thunderous roar of guitars, the studious beat of the drums and the vocals tie it all together like a tranquil cosmic explosion. The lights fade back through outreached hands, and your thinking,“impressive”! However not only are you talking about the charismatic explosion of music but also the sleek designs of the clothing they are wearing. If you ever wonder where you can get apparel like that which you see various artist wearing your answer might very well be SHADOW APPAREL. Every shirt is hand printed or sprayed, and uniquely designed. No two shirts are exactly identical, so request yours today!....."

From that I can gather that your product seems to be geared towards those into music, playing guitar, concert enthusiasts and the like. I really like the vivid scenes described and if I had to change a part i would change the part where the various artists "might" be wearing it to the artist "is" wearing it.

But back to headlines. The only advice I have is to make sure they fit with the market you are trying to reach which again seems to be the music enthusiast and more specifically those looking for unique clothing to match their style.

"BE AN INDIVIDUAL!!!" is a good start but in my own opinion portrays they aren't unique without your clothing. Changing it to "Individual Clothing perfection" or something of the like could seem more appealing and less overbearing.

"THROW AWAY THE POLOS AND GET SOMETHING HOT!!!!!!!!"- i like this one as a start as well. Something like "Hotness minus the Polo" and such are again less overbearing. The best thing to do is write a list and see which headlines seem the most encouraging, seductive, and rewarding.

These are all just opinions of mine so if they aren't to your liking don't feel the need to take all that i say to heart.

· Registered
814 Posts

I couldnt see anything but the intro and an option to replay.. that might be your issue.. HALF the people on the planet cant even SEE your site!

I am using FIREFOX as well.. Sine more and more college students are using FIREFOX because its required by college campuses, then you have a HUGE issue on your hands..Did you do some cross browser checking?

· Registered
463 Posts
I would never buy from a company that is only on myspace. Myspace is just completely unprofessional and I hate doing any kind of business through it.

If you interested I do ecommerce designs for bigcartel stores. Send me an email and I'll show you some of my work.

check out bigcartel.com
it's $10 a month for a basic package

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.