T-Shirt Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have been reading this forum for quite some time in starting my new business but now that I have officially launched my site I am looking for some general feedback on my site and my designs. Everything was and is created and maintained by me.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Chirped out Designs
www.chirpedout.com

·
Administrator
14,723 Posts
Overall, a nice simple site.

If I were a buyer, I would want to know more about the quality of the shirt. Brand, if applicable, weight, fiber content.

I personally don't like splash pages. Your link should go directly to your shop page. You could add your blurb to the top of that page. You want customers to have as little clicks as possible to get to the goods.

While I don't think you need to have your telephone number, I would not buy from a site where I don't know where the site is based. Street or PO box plus city, state and zip should be added. Otherwise, how do i know you are not in Bulgaria? :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
I would add the prices on the SHOP/catalog page. I've read many times on this forum that it is a good idea to let site visitors know of the prices right away, or they might leave too soon.

Definitely a bit more about ur company - location, more under contact info etc. I would also add information about the payment methods u accept, and put it somewhere in the "beginning" of ur customers visit. Either on the home page or at least on the catalog page. U can put just the logo of the GoogleCheckout. Basically when i was browsing ur site I didn't find out about u using Googlecheckout UNTIL I actually added a product to my shopping cart. Normally I wouldn't have gone that far. As a small brand u want to do as much as u can to earn trust and credibility.

And I didn't like the way the shirts have come out in the photos. I'm assuming u wanted to give them that look that translated into "Our shirts are made to look like your favorite t-shirt that you just found in the back of your closet..."
But I just felt like I walked into a college freshman's dorm room, and he hasn't done laundry in weeks... I'm not sure what exactly needs to be changed, but they just need to look a little neater. I love the wrinkled look for tees, just maybe not so much wrinkled? Hope this helps. Good luck

·
Registered
985 Posts
I would also add privacy policy, what about returns? what are the policies regarding returns?, as the previous poster said : more info about the t-shirts, colors available, or let potential buyers know the colors they see are the colors available. All in all I like the site, simple, (may be too simple?) I like to see in the first page what people are selling. May be others too.
Hope it helps.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hello, nice start on your site. I think that the photos of the designs look a little washed out. Maybe try to not make the shirts so bunched looking? I think people will want clarity on the designs before they purchase them. Anyway, welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Better. I like the updated home page. It's a good start, ur site is clean and simple. So I think overtime, with small tweaks here and there you can have a really nice polished e-store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.