T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing single color prints for about 4 months now. I think I got it down. Looking to get into 4 color designs, real soon! What do you think.
Thanks for watching.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1doY5PzuAFI[/media]

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
It looked like you were lining up your screen on the shirt after you flooded it instead of before.
Also, how come you're using a platen under your shirt when you're curing it with your flash dryer ?
That'll just warp it. With your curing technique, I'd get a piece of the melane (ugh, my brain is spazzing on the correct word) countertop board, cut it for your curing. You could even raise it at the corners, say with small tiles to keep the buildup of so much heat on your tabletop.
Otherwise, yeah, your print looked good !
Good luck with your multi color prints :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah,
It's actually a MDF wood cut out. I actually didn't mount it to a bracket yet. and YES it's already Warped lol. Hmm I guess I should look for some type of heat resistant material like the one you had mentioned. My table is a cheap plastic one. I need something more sturdy and wooden. I really need a conveyor belt dryer...maybe in the future.
thanks!:D
It looked like you were lining up your screen on the shirt after you flooded it instead of before.
Also, how come you're using a platen under your shirt when you're curing it with your flash dryer ?
That'll just warp it. With your curing technique, I'd get a piece of the melane (ugh, my brain is spazzing on the correct word) countertop board, cut it for your curing. You could even raise it at the corners, say with small tiles to keep the buildup of so much heat on your tabletop.
Otherwise, yeah, your print looked good !
Good luck with your multi color prints :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
I am thinking about getting the silver press you are using in the video.
How do you like it?
You said you were going to start doing 4 color prints have you done any yet?
How hard is it to register the screens?

Thank you

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I am thinking about getting the silver press you are using in the video.
How do you like it?
You said you were going to start doing 4 color prints have you done any yet?
How hard is it to register the screens?

Thank you
I love my silver press. I'm still doing just one color, mainly because I'm doing foil transfers. But one of these days I'll do the 4 color or maybe even a cmyk process print. I have to master accurip first though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts