T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new film and FastINK for my R1800. Cleaned the heads and performed nozzle checks a few times and I can't seem to find the appropriate printer settings.

What are the right printer settings to be used with FastINK? Which sheet options gives the best results? Plain paper? Matte paper heavyweight? What do you guys use?

And what's the correct Quality Option? Text? Photo? Best Photo?

It seems my ink comes out wet and blurred. I'm sure there can't be any old Epson pigment ink in the system anymore, I've printed some already and I'm absolutely sure the printer is using FastINK for printing.

Thanks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you using FastRIP software? and waterproof film? FastRIP handles all that for me.
Ah, no I don't. I just print from Photshop. I just tried Matte Paper Heavyweight with Best Photo setting and it seemed to work pretty well.

I'm not certain that's the correct setting but if I'm able to use those successfully then that's what I'll do in the future.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Like Rusty said, you HAVE TO USE waterproof film with your r1800.
I run AccuRip with mine and use the second best print setting within that program.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Like Rusty said, you HAVE TO USE waterproof film with your r1800.
I run AccuRip with mine and use the second best print setting within that program.
Daaaamn! It says on my package "Non-waterproof"!

But it also says on the website I bought it from: "Note that MaxBlack Non-Waterproof inkjet film only works with dye based inks such as the Epson dye based inks and FastINK® dye based ink".

So now I got the damn dye FastINK and that damn film. Why the heck do they tell me to use FastINK with this particular film if it's not ok? Obviously I fail to understand the reasons for this...

So now I have to buy another box of films, only this time waterproof?

Edit post: And by the way, the earlier settings I mentioned still seem to give me good results.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Daaaamn! It says on my package "Non-waterproof"!

But it also says on the website I bought it from: "Note that MaxBlack Non-Waterproof inkjet film only works with dye based inks such as the Epson dye based inks and FastINK® dye based ink".

So now I got the damn dye FastINK and that damn film. Why the heck do they tell me to use FastINK with this particular film if it's not ok? Obviously I fail to understand the reasons for this...

So now I have to buy another box of films, only this time waterproof?

Edit post: And by the way, the earlier settings I mentioned still seem to give me good results.
MaxBlack says its film will work with non-waterproof fim because they want to sell you the ink. But FastInk is the one that says to use waterproof film because they know their own product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts