T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my sites finally up, www.buckwildstyle.com, if anyone wants to comment on it (good or bad), that would be great. On the order FAQ page, the internal links to the questions dont work and i cant figure out why:confused:, and when i add to the 2checkout.com cart it still says parameter error, im trying to figure out what i have to do to get it to work. :D thanks guys/girls

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
To fix your anchor links, try using 'A NAME="shipping">' instead of 'A NAME="#shipping">' (only use the hash for the link to the anchor, not the anchor name). I think that'll fix it.

Your 'where do we ship' section trails off (ends in a comma, not a period).

You should centralize your css so that it only has to be loaded once instead of on every single page. It can also definately be optimized a bit -- I see a bunch of repeted elements.

You should avoid using 'font size' tags and use css for sizing for a more cosistent effect.

The website itself seems to load extremely slow.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I gave up on it after waiting way too long for the images to load.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slow loading seems to be a problem for some, i only know basic html , i guess ill have to learn css to take away the repeated codes hopefully that will help.. althought thats basically redoing the site, ekk. any other pointers on sleeding up the loading?
thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
The site loaded quickly for me. All the links seemed to work as well.

You might want to center all the pages and maybe put t-shirt images instead of the picture current available for 'coming soon'. Also, some of the product images don't look particularly clear on the product pages http://www.buckwildstyle.com/longsleeveone.html . Nothing else comes to mind. Good attempt and goodluck!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
It could also be your web host. If the site is actually free like the host seems to imply it is (I didn't see a pay section) then they will probably not care about speed that much for you (especially during peak times; it'll be shared between a lot of people). Being hosted right alongside another 12,000 websites isn't exactly a good thing =)

Oh, and it also seems a bit weird that your footer stretches across the screen but the rest of the site does not.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input, im going to start fixing up the problems now. Haha, your right a guy underwater isnt going to sell many tshirts there- ill get a better picture! Ive sold Tshirts to friends and friends of friends, but not online, my 2checkout account just got activated today so i didnt advertise my site at all yet, but i will right after change some things:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a question regarding your logo and use of varying fonts, and I know this might be kinda out of left field, but from a marketing standpoint it seems that by varying the fonts that advertise your name, you deprive yourself of developing an "identifiable" image. Not to beloabor the point, or to be overly academic about it, it just seems to make common sense to establish an identifying logo -ie: coke; ford; saralee, whatever, and stick to it, over and over and over, until it becomes visually associated with who you are. Just curious about the process whereby you decided to advertise your company name using so many different fonts...what was the thinking behind this? I am asking this without the slightest trace of anything other than curiosity. You have a nice site and I hope you go "buckwild" making tons of bucks!

notyetdone

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello "notyetdone" thats a great question and i totally agree with you! Here is my little story/answer... My original plan was not to start a tshirt company, i cant even remember where i got the idea from. Anyways i ended up making a design and planning on selling the tshirts to friends and colleagues. I got so into the idea, i made four more designs and ordered a bunch of tshirts, thats when i started thinking about an actual company and selling my ideas to the public. After spending countless hours on the site and deciding on colors and trying to define my new company I realized that nothing really came together nicely, i had a full range of different ideas and got too far ahead of myself. So not to back track, i decided to offer all my tshirts for sale, this will show me which are most popular and marketable. I now have a good idea of where im going and what im doing about it, with the profit from these sales will go back into the business and any further development will be steered towards the one idea.

If your curious, the white tshirt with blue Buckwild writing is now the most popular followed up by the black with the four stars. I personally really like both of them, but i am leaning towards that funky wild blue style Buckwild, since I can market that style as a summery, fun, crazy, wild reputation, which after all was my original idea when i thought of the name Buckwild!:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
I appreciate your answer to my questions. It's always fascinating to discover the story behind the story, if you know what I mean. I personally like your logoG + R as my favorites. They seem bolder and stronger and more emblamatic to me...but maybe that's why they don't sell as well - too visually static. Look forward to watching your site develop...and prosper.
notyetdone

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Last night, i came up with a solution to this company image problem. Tell me what you think...

I choose only two styles to work with, my company logo (logoR and G) and the basic Buckwild font (top left on my website).

To keep a strong company image I will have two websites to keep separate the two styles, example:

BuckwildStyle.com -
This site will be filled with Clothing with my logo and that same style.

BuckwildHot.com or Buckwildcasual.com -
This site will be filled with all clothing with the Buckwild font style (top left on my site), the website will be designed to match that style. Its simple and different.

By separating the two styles with different sites I can keep two good ideas, appeal to different types of people, still keep my wild, crazy, fun motto on both sites and not loose any company image.. hopfully.

I would like to know your opinion on this idea thank:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Okay, my initial thinking is that having two seperate web sites is not a good idea because it divides the brands in a way that might not be conducive to strengthening the overall image. Car dealers show different models under the same roof...so can you.

If I understand you correctly at this point, your different lines will consist mainly of different logo's, yes? It's not like you are having a "formal" line, and a "sport" line, right? Even though we are talking about t-shirts here, in reality, we are discussing a very important issue that can alter the direction you and your company take. Remember, so many of these huge clothing companies started out in someone's garage, so this really is something to give consideration to.

I would suggest going to a better department store and perusing some well known brands - Ralph Lauren; DKNY, etc. and see how they present and label their different lines - casual, sport, evening etc. I'm certain that they maintain a label integrity that applies to all the branding but they also probably have a different logo that exists alongside the original(hope I'm explaining this in a way that makes sense). Some designers have a "gold" or "silver" label line.

Presenting two different lines on one website strenghtens your brand without diluting it by dividing it between seperate sites. I think you could come up with a creative idea to maintain brand integrity and still market your two lines, each with a distinct identity by researching how other companies have managed this issue.

Anyway, these are my initial thoughts...more to come. Hope this response adds to the process.
nyd

·
Registered
140 Posts
I agree with notyetdone. Don't seperate the lines, atleast on websites. Its hard to promote one site as it is. You're going to have to significantly increase those efforts to promote two. Also having one site would probably strengthen brand awareness. The ideas you listed don't seem enough in and of itself to require two separate website.

Your company image has more to do with your service and quality than anything esthetic. You need to fix your corporate identity (logo, slogan etc.) Sell a couple more tee's, get a nice logo and website designed by a professional and call it a day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts