T-Shirt Forums banner

My New Ink Shaker :)

3K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  allamerican-aeoon 
#1 ·
Saw on Ebay and thought I'd give it a try :D

It was in a bit of a state when it arrived and needed some TLC. I've still not got it fully functioning but I'm getting there.

There are 4 levels each of which can take 1- 1 litre bottles so 40 in all.

Ink Roller - YouTube

John

#3 ·
Hahahaha, Angie thought I was mad when she came home from work and saw it plonked in the kitchen!!!

When I purchased it off Ebay, I had no idea how big it was, next thing I know a large truck pulled up outside my home and used a power lift to shift. I struggled to get it in and had to move all the furniture to get it to the kitchen - I was knackered :D

What Angie doesn't know is, I have another one coming tomorrow!!!!

I'll stick it on a timer to start for 15 minutes four times a day.

#5 · (Edited)
AA uses same concept but much bigger 5g multiples. Going through xx Tons per year. 1 Ton is 1000 Kg(2.2 lbs). 1 ton = 1000 liter minus some.
I thought gravity keep heaviest(TI02) on the bottom not mixing but it was not true. Mixing very well.:).
So stage is
Receive ink from DuPont.
Get on to roller right away.
Degas after 30 min rotation done. Degas Machine. Check YouTube it will be interesting.
All bubbles(invisible) will separate out to up from ink.
This process will reduce capacity because all invisible air which are attached with binders and pigments will be separate from ink. I will say become 3% less ink but same weight because we only take air out but got smaller. Another words customers are not paying for air. 3% more inks.
Customers are not buying air. Solid inks.
After settling down bubbles Filtering will start. Very slow process by machine. Does not mean distrust Dopont. Incase or reduce contaminations. Actually we caught few times. If any objects go into Printhead it is dead head.
Each containers 5g(about 20liters) will be on for turn every day 20 minutes where at controlled temp and Humidity.
Keep doing this until lids have to be opened to fill liter bottle or bags.
At this point do degas again. Shaker could increased air bubbles(not noticeable by eyes)
Once become a little bottle(liter or less) or bag, no more roller, move to shaker vibrator room(do not get wrong idea, pls)and make upside down every other day. Hundreds bottles and bags on one vibrators shakes every 8 hours by timer 10 minutes.
Order picker will pick ink from this rag except to wholesale accounts. Fresh and well shaken.
Like I said before, we eat in Restraunt but we rarely think about what framers and chef did. Lol
Good move John :) no I mean Angie.
Deliver perfect ink possible to NeoFamily is AA's goal.
Cheers! Inks are on me always.

#16 ·
I was just wondering if I missed something on ink agitation suddenly becoming more important than ever, but maybe it is just a coincidence that people have been doing crazy things to shake their inks lately, haha. John, I can't believe you bought a second one of these! I guess I can only hope I get to a point that I am cranking out so many prints that I need an agitator for all my extra stocked ink bottles!

#17 ·
honestly, i try to agitate my inks every other day or so, but many times only do it a couple times per week. i've never had any issues (so far) with my white ink separating to the point of where they are different from new. i'm not recommending this; i'm just saying that infrequent shaking hasn't affected them. now when i'm printing with white, i shake daily.

#19 ·
i took white ink out right before Christmas, and just put it back in last Friday. that's almost 2 months! the ink was purchased last November, so it's only 3+ months old. i didn't shake it everyday, and i was gone 3 different times for more than 5 days, and it didn't get agitated at all during that time. i have perfect nozzles! i printed some beautiful shirts Saturday.

again, i don't recommend not shaking; just saying that, LUCKILY, my lack of shaking didn't affect anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.