T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Nice job Dave !!!! I think that will be a hot item. How much total vinyl was used and how much can you sell it for. I'm just curious. .... JB

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JB the total vinyl I am not sure I'd say around 10"x9.5" both white and black. The "indainhead" on the back was ganged with the front so there was no extra there and I think you know where the "C" came from. :D :D :D Only about 300+ to sell to get rid of all those "C's".

Price wise I sold one $20.00 today. They are going to be plastisol from here on out though. I wanted to make a test shirt and since I can get 2 cuts out of multicut's 20" vinyl I cut another one, that's the one I sold today.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
very nice David wish I was that good LOL.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
JB the total vinyl I am not sure I'd say around 10"x9.5" both white and black. The "indainhead" on the back was ganged with the front so there was no extra there and I think you know where the "C" came from. :D :D :D Only about 300+ to sell to get rid of all those "C's".

Price wise I sold one $20.00 today. They are going to be plastisol from here on out though. I wanted to make a test shirt and since I can get 2 cuts out of multicut's 20" vinyl I cut another one, that's the one I sold today.
Let me get this straight. That whole design (front back sides) was done in vinyl?

That may be the best vinyl t-shirt application that I've seen.

Seems like it would take a long time to do for $20 though. I can see why it would go to plastisol after that. It's cool that you can do one vinyl to show as a proof or a sample to show a customer a design.

·
Registered
314 Posts
That's TIGHT!!!!!!!

What kind of vinyl did you use? What does ganged actually mean? Can someone, who has skills similar to this, make a video to show there process and explain the terms they are using? That's a nice picture! If someone made a video already, point me in the right direction....

·
Registered
938 Posts
I too want to learn how to do 2-color vinyl designs. This looks very nice!

How can I get the 2-color like the "C?"

With the football, should it have been closer into the design so as not to see the shirt color around it (on the left side)?

AB

·
Registered
314 Posts
Pete the term Ganged means to print 1 design several times on one sheet of paper. ..... JB
Thanks, I thought that was what it meant but I wasn't sure. I try to use as much space as possible so I don't have to throw any extras away.

·
Registered
579 Posts
That is a killer shirt, especially for being done in vinyl!

If you have any left when all is said and done, I might want one myself. I'm a NFL 'Skins fan.....and well....skins are skins are skins... ;)

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Can someone, who has skills similar to this, make a video to show there process and explain the terms they are using? That's a nice picture! If someone made a video already, point me in the right direction....
There are several videos on youtube about applying vinyl to t-shirts:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG53N2bdTAM[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB89dXzZYkg&feature=related[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub5c65vcP-o&feature=related[/media]

I don't know if I've seen one of a multi color vinyl application on t-shirts, maybe someone else here has seen or made one.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
That's TIGHT!!!!!!!

What kind of vinyl did you use? What does ganged actually mean? Can someone, who has skills similar to this, make a video to show there process and explain the terms they are using? That's a nice picture! If someone made a video already, point me in the right direction....
I just put a video up this morning www.youtube.com/badalou
it shows a ganged plastisol transfer and the application. You can do the same thing in vinyl as David did. I could done this in vinyl but plastisol cost me $1.50 a sheet no weeding(removing excess vinly from around design.). Vinyl would have been more like $3.00 and labor.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Let me get this straight. That whole design (front back sides) was done in vinyl?

That may be the best vinyl t-shirt application that I've seen.

Seems like it would take a long time to do for $20 though. I can see why it would go to plastisol after that. It's cool that you can do one vinyl to show as a proof or a sample to show a customer a design.
Yes it is all done in vinyl. It only takes about 15 minutes to do 2 transfers. Honestly it may not be that long, I never actually timed it. You cut one color and start to cut the other color, while it's cutting you're weeding the first color. After the second color is cut, weed it and press.

The "C" was actually plastisol but that is only because I have over 300 of them here, but that's a different story isn't it JB? :D

BTW, that's for the conpliment, t-shirt vinyl is actually easy to work with, just a pain to weed at times. :D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's TIGHT!!!!!!!

It was done using multicut vinyl from Transfer Papers and Sublimation Inks at Joto

1 - 20 of 30 Posts