T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have some ink coming off a shirt after washing it. WHAT HAPPENED? i dont understand why its doing that. please help! thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4 color print w/ plastisols. using a flash between ink apps. then the convator after all have been done. dont have a temp gun so i dont know about that

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
That could be your problem then...also did you flash and use an underbase? If so then if you get your underbased over flashed then the top layer can peel off.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm new and my questions will probably reflect such but by undercoat what do you mean? the bottom coat if other inks are laid on top of it? how long do i cure an undercoat? what should it feel like?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Depending on the situation you could put down a layer of ink then flash it at the proper flash temp...then lay down another layer of ink on top of that. This is used to help light colors on a dark shirt show better. If the incorrect flash temp is used then the top layer can flake of...but it does not sound like you used multiple layers of ink. If that is the case then I would guess that you did not cure it at the correct temp in the conveyor.

What type and brand of ink are you using?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes it was multiple layers of ink. so i mush have cured the underbase too long. whats a good timing on that?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just went and got my temp gun. i know its easy. just point and shoot. but what exactly am i looking for? where do i shoot it? while its under the flash or right after. do i let it cool before? its a whole new thing for me to learn and there is so MUCH more to this t-shirt stuff than most could imagine. its easy once you learn it all but the journey seems a little trying at times. thanks

·
Registered
612 Posts
Measure it as it is flashing (under the flash). Like Troy said, once it gets to 220, stop flashing. Keep track of the time for a few of them, then you can go by time and not have to measure everyone with a gun.

Measure them at the very end of the oven on the conveyor. Should be above 330, but not too far above. Adjust the belt speed faster or slower as needed.

Good luck-Nick

·
Registered
25 Posts
nice. i was having the same problem. glad i found this thread.

as for temp gun..can i go to a store to buy this, or only screenprinting suppliers sell em?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
troy! thank you for walking this rookie through this! nick, thanks for the input on testing the heat w/ my new side arm. btw, checked out your site and really like some of your designs i saw on there!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts