T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to figure out why my shirts keep burning. I bought the teflon sheet it leaves white shirt discolored. I reduced the heat and pressure, but I am still having problems. Maybe a new press? I am not sure what I need to do here. Can anyone help me with this problem?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
A little more info would help......

What type of shirts, what printing process, what type of heat press, and the settings your using as far as temp, pressure, and duration.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
This sometimes happens with certain fabrics. They will become discolored after exposed to heat. Sometimes this goes away on its own or after washed. Other times it is permanent.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't tested the actual heat. I have tried lowering the temp and reducing the pressure. I also tried not going by the time specified. the shirts still have a burned look to them. I am using 100% cotton ts. Does the brand matter? Could that cause a problem?

Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I haven't tested the actual heat. I have tried lowering the temp and reducing the pressure. I also tried not going by the time specified. the shirts still have a burned look to them. I am using 100% cotton ts. Does the brand matter? Could that cause a problem?

Thanks for all the help!
It definately could be the brand.

Are you able to post pictures? I think that would help us to see what is actually happening.

Best regards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts